american sniper
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: american sniper

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird

american sniper

Just got out of the theatre. Easily the best movie I have ever watched. Go see it.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Registered User Array Fanny Bay R1's Avatar
    Bike
    06 Yamaha R1, 01 Dookie 996
    I liked it!! I thought The Imitation Game was a bit better.
    Cheers!!
    Andy
    06 Yamaha R1 (50th Anniversary) - R1's forever!!
    Georgeous Ducati 996 (the only bike as pretty as my R1!!)

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    what kind of a flick is it?

the usual american wanker hero warship flick or a war movie like Fury?
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    It was pretty good. I thought "Unbroken" was better.

Its a little tough getting past the great yankee hero stories and how they won wars, dodged bullits, and saved the free world from evil.

Bike
    Rosalita Azul
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    Just got out of the theatre. Easily the best movie I have ever watched. Go see it.
    I usually love Clint Eastwood stuff so had VERY high hopes for this movie, to say it was anything better than average is a crime.

No flow, no follow up on the brother story line, no emphasis on his huge effort post war with the vets except 4-5 minutes at the end which was clunky at best, and nothing to ever really make you FEEL anything for the characters except the loneliness and desperation his wife felt.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    It was really crap. I was disappointed.
    They took an already dubious biography and added in a bunch more made up crap.
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/62133/...ilm-gets-wrong

The guy was a certified badass and it sounds like a troubled guy. A movie about a hard core killer who was also a callous self aggrandizing liar would have been much more interesting.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    best war flick I've seen in a while: Fury.

American Sniper was meh.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    ten times better than fury
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Better than Frozen?

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    I usually love Clint Eastwood stuff so had VERY high hopes for this movie, to say it was anything better than average is a crime.

No flow, no follow up on the brother story line, no emphasis on his huge effort post war with the vets except 4-5 minutes at the end which was clunky at best, and nothing to ever really make you FEEL anything for the characters except the loneliness and desperation his wife felt.
    It was really crap. I was disappointed.
    They took an already dubious biography and added in a bunch more made up crap.
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/film/62133/...ilm-gets-wrong

The guy was a certified badass and it sounds like a troubled guy. A movie about a hard core killer who was also a callous self aggrandizing liar would have been much more interesting.
    i'll admit going into this that i knew nothing of the real story, all i knew was what i'd seen in a few trailers. so i went to this movie looking for a movie, not a documentary or true to life story. after reading that link sAdam, i can see why you may have been disappointed, but i'd also question what you were expecting. as i said previously, going in i had little expectation or background knowledge.

i felt like there was a lot more going on in the flick than just the bloodshed on the screen and the movie was able to get me emotionally involved in the characters. after getting out i asked myself if they could have done more on other aspects of this story and the asnwer is yes - but how long a movie do you want to watch? as an historical piece or narrative of chris kyle's (now that i know a bit more about him) life the movie fell short, but that's now what i was expecting. i went to this show to be entertained and this movie did a better job of that than anything i can remember in a long time.

Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Death and suffering certainly do seem to be entertaining ... and mass death especially so.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod View Post
    Death and suffering certainly do seem to be entertaining ... and mass death especially so.
    ummmmm.... ok?

this was a movie, not a news report.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    ten times better than fury
    fury at least delivered on at least three visual events every kid who lost G.I.Joe's in the dirt has always wanted to see:

1: those ricochets
    2: tank shell to the face
    3: pancake nazi

American Sniper, dealt mainly with his marriage problems. It's effectively a chick flick set in a conflict zone.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    fury at least delivered on at least three visual events every kid who lost G.I.Joe's in the dirt has always wanted to see:

1: those ricochets
    2: tank shell to the face
    3: pancake nazi

American Sniper, dealt mainly with his marriage problems. It's effectively a chick flick set in a conflict zone.
    interesting.

i saw that part of the story as the trauma vets and their families have to deal with, not so much it being a "chick flick".

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    fury came across has a comic book adaptation of a story , over the top characters engaged in over the top heroics , the only thing missing was batman type " bop " & " pow "
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9