First, I'm not trying to spark another debate about chain lubes. Take it outside, please!
I'm looking for advice on the best way to apply chain lube to a bike without a center stand and without a rear wheel stand (I'm in a condo and have no place to keep one).
This is how I do it now:
1) Bike in neutral on level ground, after warm-up ride.
2) Spray top and underside of slack side of chain.
3) Move bike forward to reach new section of chain.
4) Repeat through one full revolution of chain.
5) Push bike around a bit to allow the lube to penetrate to wherever it penetrates to.
It occurred to me yesterday while doing this, that it might be better to spray the lube onto a rag and rub it onto the chain.