My bike has been hit hard by a fall! Basically, my friend's Dodge Durango backed into my bike and the bike dropped hard on the pavement. I wasn't around but he confronted me right after and told me he'd pay for all the damages.
I was wondering if I could get your opinions on how I should repair the bike - privately or ICBC?
Here's a rundown on the damage from what I could see last night:
- right fairing (the side he hit): cracked where the car made contact
- left fairing: tonnes of deep white scratches, broken piece at the top
- lower fairing: deep scratches
- clutch lever: broken & dangling, cable is loose, bike can't start
- windscreen: broken in half
- left rear view mirror: broken off
- front left turn signal: broken off
- rear left turn signal: broken but dangling
- exhaust pipe: dented & scratched
- back seat handle: scratches
- left handle bar end: scratches
These are what I've found so far. I don't even know if there is any internal damage. I can't start the bike because the clutch cable is loose or it snapped somewhere. I'm going to get it towed to RMS to get an estimate of the damage on Tuesday. I don't really want my friend to pay money out of his ass because looking from the damage...it's gonna be expensive.
Does anyone know how much this will cost for parts & labour separately?
Any way to get around ICBC?
Places to get inexpensive parts?
Thanks...I'll post up pics by the end of the day.