From you guys that are experienced there, what are some tips that you have? I know from the Race course being told exactly where to shift, brake, which markers to use helps immensely. Like during the kink before the sweeper at tradex, you would brake right near the end of the straight all the way into the kink and downshift in the kink (vs downshifting at the end of the straight) and then get on the gas right when you exit the kink, etc.....
I've heard some testimonials, but I'd like to see what the opinions are out there?
So my questions are:
1. Which cone do you start braking at down the front straight?
2. Do you trail brake all the way into turn 2?
3. What gear do you take the big left hand sweeper (2?) in? Some say 4th, some say 3rd. Depends on the bike I guess
4. Where is the apex in turn 2? Its like it has 2 apexes cause its such a long turn, so which apex do you aim for?
5. What marker do you use for braking in turn 4 (turn where small dirt road to exit is)
6. Hairpins turns 6 & 7 - second gear?
7. For the guys who's style involves them knee sliding - how many turns do you get them down on? I get it down on turn 2, the two hairpins. But I can see them going down in turn 10, maybe turn 4 also...
Any other advice would be wicked as well!