Trackdays at Area27!!!
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Trackdays at Area27!!!

Bike
    Latest and greatest Suzuki GSX-R 600

Trackdays at Area27!!!

I know some of you didn't think this was going to happen but.......

Who wants to ride at the soon to be built Area27 in Oliver, BC?

I know there will be lots of questions, so here's all that I know at this point:

A friend of mine, who is an Area27 member, is considering hosting trackdays and wants me to partner with him. At this point we need to gauge the amount of interest there is in order to proceed.

If there is sufficient interest, we would be able to hold 2 "double headers" for the 2016 season, likely consisting of 1 full weekend and a Fri-Sat or Sun-Mon.

The cost of a trackday would be $290. We would run 3 groups of 20min each and would also have rider coaching available within each group.

So who's interested?

Btw, for those of you who don't know me:

I've been racing and trackday riding since 2001 and have been fortunate enough to win 12 WMRC class championships to date as well as the WMRC #1 plate the last 2 years running. Big thanks to all my awesome racing sponsors!!

I also am, and have been, a track riding/racing instructor with schools like Jason Pridmore's STAR School, West Coast Superbike School, Next Level Superbike School, Pitt Meadows Track Days and the new WMRC school. I also do private coaching at various tracks. I absolutely love coaching and watching riders improve their skills. For me, it's all about growing our sport!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 kawasaki kh100, '05 gsx-r600
    From all the press releases, we won't be allowed on. YOU might be able to as a guest (maximum 3 guests/month) but a group is not allowed. They made that very clear

Bike
    ?
    Interested for sure if thats $290 for the 2 day package. As mentioned above, tho, the FAQ on the area27 website seems to indicate only 3 guests can drive per year, although the language is a little confusing...

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    It would be $290 per day ($100 per rider/ per day of which goes to Area27).

If there is sufficient interest, my friend which change his membership to a Corporate Membership, that will give him 4 days in 2016 to do what he wants with...that means a full on trackday! ....that was the first thing I asked! Lol!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yes.
    I'm interested.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 kawasaki kh100, '05 gsx-r600
    one more question. would each rider who is interested need to already have one of the racing licenses? thats another thing area27 mentions

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    I'd go for sure
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array moeracing's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 gsxr750 track
    Since it is 30 minutes from my house....i say ya though the price tag is a little high imo but the price for convenience is worth it....likely you would get some interest from US riders in eastern washington and even alberta. We will wait and see what the teack is like with run off, walls and rumble strips.
    Lex talionis
    Karma will get you

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by moeracing View Post
    Since it is 30 minutes from my house....i say ya though the price tag is a little high imo but the price for convenience is worth it....likely you would get some interest from US riders in eastern washington and even alberta. We will wait and see what the teack is like with run off, walls and rumble strips.
    $290 for 2 track days is high?

That's pretty funny.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    depending on dates, I'd be in for sure.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Quote Originally Posted by spero View Post
    I'd love to but at $290 a day that's too rich for me.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...
    I would definitely be in!
    Mach tuck?!

Bike
    My friend the Area27 member is an avid trackday enthusiast and is very successful, all he wants to do is with hosting trackdays is break even and have fun. That's why I'm agreeing to help out with this, I love our sport and want it to grow in BC. There isn't any reason why Canadian riders shouldn't be racing in WSBK or MotoGP.

As for the track, I spoke to Area27 President Bill Drossos last summer and he said the track will have FIA and FIM approval and that the entire facility will be absolute first class. They are thinking BIG as far as the racing events that they want to host.

Btw, Dean, Jason & Jay...I could probably get approval for you guys to be Instructors or Control Riders.

Bike
    SV650, CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by spero View Post
    At $290/day you might get some people to try it out for the first time to see what it's like, but I don't think it will be sustainable.

You won't get any US riders since it's much cheaper down there and they won't have to contend with border crossings.

Vancouver Island riders will go to the Ridge instead as it's closer and the overall cost cheaper. Same probably for those from Vancouver. It will be good for Okanagan riders but how many are there?

Now, if it turns out the track is fantastic, that's another story.

But, yes, I'd go for sure, at least for a weekend.

Amir