Sigtrap & I just installed our new alarms with a few bolts & lots of questions left over. Probably some of Digi168's other 100+ customers wonder the same things, so I'm hoping we can save him time by asking him each question 1 time ni a public forum.
- My alarm works without the brain's ground (ring connector) wire attached. Is it necessary to ground it? What's it for?
- Does it matter if ground wires are attached to the batters vs. the frame vs. an existing ground wire?
- should we put a fuse on the constant power? What amperage?
- the battery cover on my pager keeps popping off. Can newer units be designed to be more robust?
- are there plans for new PAGERS with improved transmission range?
- What's the best way to lay out the antenna?
And a few questions Digit already answered for me:
- Can I get a pager with a different picture?
Yes, for $2000 a new screen can be designed
- How should I physically mount my alarm brain?
Definately attach tightly to the frame. If mounted on plastic, or loose, the shock sensor is much less sensitive. Mounting the brain horizontally will slightly improve sensitivity. Mounting the alarm to one side will make it more sensitive to movement on that side, but less so on others.
(My apologies to Digi168 if posting this thread is a bad idea)