Honda to build naked SP-2

Thread: Honda to build naked SP-2

Honda to build naked SP-2

This week in MCN we exclusively reveal the latest bikes to come out of Honda’s design studio.

Honda is stripping down it’s SP-2 with a new naked version, due in 2005.

It gets the same V-twin engine as the superbike slightly de-tuned to offer better response in the lower revs. It will also retain the race-oriented chassis of the SP-2 but get a more comfortable rising position.

Also revealed this week are the latest version of the Blackbird and a revamped version of the CB500.

The Blackbird will get a complete re-style for 2004 along with a Hyper-VTEC engine that will give it enough grunt to take on the Suzuki Hayabusa and Kawasaki ZX-12R.

The CB500, which was discontinued last year after failing to meet new emissions standards, will get a full make-over to bring it up to date and fuel injection and a catalytic converter to cut down on emissions.

For the full story on all three bikes and the latest news and sports check out this week’s MCN, on sale tomorrow, Wednesday June 25.

2. Remove Advertisements

Herb Lipschnitz
    Very nice. I hope alot of the nakeds that are in the works make it to North America (as they so often fail to do).

Master of Puppets Array Cometman's Avatar
    New Westminster
    Team Green
    Too bad it's ugly. If they made it more like that New American Sports concept bike, it could be my next ride.

Real Men ride NAKED!! Array Kuno's Avatar
    How long will it take until more of the "NAKEDS" will be on the market here??!! The only real bikes really. No friggin plastic to cover the heart of the bike. Well, we're just a few years behind the Europe market, LOL

umm, what about the VTR? or is this going to be the new VTR?
    BCSB- Moderator

The RC motor in a standard would be tres fun! I prefer something other than the single round headlight, though.