Bluetooth headsets
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth headsets

Slow......... Array [BlackDiamond]'s Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Yamaha VMAX

Bluetooth headsets

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to do a group buy on a bunch of Uclear HBC200 Bluetooth headsets. Is this something you guys would be interested in joining on?

They retail for almost $300 CAD per unit, I can get them for $210 CAD delivered on this group buy. I just need a commitment of at least 4 people.
    2013 Yamaha VMAX 1700 ▪ 2009 Suzuki GSXR 750 ▪ 2005 Yamaha R6 ▪ 2001 Yamaha R6

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    ...a Yamaha Vino 125...
    Googled the product:

Looks nice. I want something with FM radio for my next unit though.

Bike
    2013 Yamaha VMAX
    Fair enough! I do wish this one had FM too, but I figured podcasts will do just fine

This is a pretty good deal. If I can get more than 8 people in on this group buy we could even get the pricing below $200 CAD all in.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Seems to be more expensive than the Sena, and from the image above, I don't see anything it does better. Multi-hop? Novelty.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    2013 Yamaha VMAX
    I dont think the Sena can do more than 10 at once, can it?

And multihop is far from novelty - it allows the signal to extend rider to rider, so where other systems may have a 700m range, this thing can go over 2 km range by networking each rider.

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by [BlackDiamond] View Post
    I dont think the Sena can do more than 10 at once, can it?

And multihop is far from novelty - it allows the signal to extend rider to rider, so where other systems may have a 700m range, this thing can go over 2 km range by networking each rider.
    The Sena does exactly the same thing with daisy chaining units and extending range.....the 20S has a 2km range BEFORE daisy chain.

As far as 10 riders......perhaps not yet, they call out 8, but would not surprise me if they change it soon, they are a very progressive company.

Very little benefit to connecting 10 riders when the vast majority use Sena, and you'd be hard pressed to find 10 people on this forum that use these.

I think many people will agree that Sena has become the benchmark over the last couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2013 Yamaha VMAX
    The Uclears have the same cross-compatibility with other brands as the Sena does. I don't know seems like a good contender and great reviews online.

I guess I'll post my feedback once I've gotten mine.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    More importantly, I don't want 10 people connected to me. Wouldn't be riding in such a large group to begin with.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    There is a distinct advantage to having a majority of riders using the same manufacturer of headsets: Group Tech Support. I don't know how many times a bunch of us have met, only to have one person say "How do I do this function again?".
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    A neighbour picked up the UClear 200 last year and has been very impressed by it. I didn't know that they had tweaked the firmware to allow cross-brand compatability though.

The price is ok, a little cheaper than Revzillla is flogging them after exchange and shipping, and they're cheaper than the Sena 20s, but are missing a few features like the FM radio.

Decisions, decisions......

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    In the photo provided I think the unit is mounted on the wrong side of the helmet. Wouldn't you have to take your hand off the throttle to manipulate the unit as mounted on the right side of the helmet? I reckon that will not work out too well.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Bike
    2008 zx14 Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    Seems to be more expensive than the Sena, and from the image above, I don't see anything it does better. Multi-hop? Novelty.
    I have had mine for 8 months. The BIG difference from Senna or anyone else for that matter, and the reason I bought it, was that there is NO boom microphone to get in the way.
    Very liberating and will fit more helmets, even my shark which has minimal chin clearance.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Quote Originally Posted by hank100 View Post
    I have had mine for 8 months. The BIG difference from Senna or anyone else for that matter, and the reason I bought it, was that there is NO boom microphone to get in the way.
    Very liberating and will fit more helmets, even my shark which has minimal chin clearance.
    Boom microphones are for pirates, nobody on a sport bike with a full face helmet would do that anyways. My senna has no boom microphone, I've never seen anyone
    with that setup at coffee in squamish either.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array 125cbr rider's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Honda CB500X
    My boss has the uclear. He likes it. Music through the speakers are good. Talking to another person with uclear also, he says he gets static. My boss and I bought dual packs at the same time. He bought his uclear and I bought the sena smh-5 fm. After I updated mine, it was clear as day and bluetooth devices auto connected a lot faster.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Boom microphones are for pirates, nobody on a sport bike with a full face helmet would do that anyways. My senna has no boom microphone, I've never seen anyone
    with that setup at coffee in squamish either.
    Unless you specifically purchase the A0304 or the A0302 helmet adapter for the Sena units, you get a boom mic. Most of us just send it under the chin bar.

If you have the other adapters, they have a smaller mic that is just based on a small wire instead of the adjustable boom. I found that mic to be vastly inferior to the boom mic.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~