:) you'll live longer
I cut and paste this from an email at work:
HOW TO STAY AWAKE AT MEETINGS
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
What about those long and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns, five across and five down. That will give you 25 one inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
* synergy * strategic fit * core competencies * best practice * bottom line * revisit * take that off-line * 24/7 * out of the
loop * benchmark * value-added * proactive * win-win *
think outside the box * fast track * result-driven * empower
(or empowerment) * knowledge base * at the end of
the day * touch base * mindset * client focus(ed) * paradigm *
game plan * leverage
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one
of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or
diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from satisfied "BullShit Bingo" players:
* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when
I won."-Paul D.,Caloundra
* "My attention span at meetings has improved
dramatically."- David D.,Rockhampton
* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process
meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Sydney
* "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed
'BULLSHIT!' for the third time in two hours."
You gotta lean into it!
And the prize: FIRED!
im gonna try that.
I'll save you some trouble.