a few pretties

perfeshanal drivers

listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    IRSU magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by gxr jo View Post
    Aftermath

No trees were harmed to display the above message ..... however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Bike
    ummm
    Don't get me started on local truck drivers. Terrible, dangerous, incompetent. We should do the same in Europe, trucks only allowed in the slow lane, always.

Bike
    SeaBeeRRRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Don't get me started on local truck drivers. Terrible, dangerous, incompetent. We should do the same in Europe, trucks only allowed in the slow lane, always.
    Pretty sure I've said this atleast twice on this board before. When they used to have the brake inspection station at the top of the hill at horseshoe bay after the guy went down the hill with like 2 functional brakes hauling asphalt that killed some people at the terminal. on two occasions i watched guys unable to grasp even the concept of adjusting brakes or even where to start. Even though airbrakes course is mandatory and a part of the process. Out of town drivers have to deal with mobile DOT and scales alot more frequently than the local in town haulers. Those drivers i always saw fumbling with these checks pretty much spoke very little english (conveniently?) ( i know this because i would get out to see why the fuck it was taking so long to get through inspection and get down to the terminal) and i really don't think they had a proper licence for the country of Canada. otherwise they would have know about basic air system operation and how to adjust your binders. Where you go to their country of origin and its perfectly acceptable to be running a truck with very little holding it together. duct tape and binder twine. also to cut a hole in the floor so you can take a shit without stopping. There is no shortage of haulers out there giving the real professional drivers a bad name.. those who take pride in looking after their equipment and doing shit by the books. Also easy to work for an employer that is slack on truck repairs and if you don't wanna do the work because its unsafe they will replace you with someone who will. Because in the end the driver is liable for safety deficiencies.

my .02 worth. and when guys are getting paid by the km.. well you can see where that leads..
    "Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world"

If you are going to jail for theft, you just didn't steal enough money.
    See: HSBC

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    wtf does not cover it... wow
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    how about them dump truck driving assholes who dont bother washing their trucks and leave a hail storm of rocks in their wake.

dipshit was telling me there is nothing in his truck, so it was the rocks from the road that hit my new windshield.

meanwhile there is crusted on piles of sand, rock, mud all over the shitter mobile of his.

ps.if they tell you to "call icbc" and try to leave, take none of it. icbc cant do anything and the scum know it.

pss
    who ever filmed it, needs to be slapped for holding the phone the wrong way.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Registered User Array BugMagnet's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Suzuki DL1000A
    That is a heck of a video. I wonder why the emergency personnel didn't run up the road with some flares? That would have been the logical thing to do under these circumstances.

When i drove to Calgary to pick up my bike a few months ago there were crazy truck drivers all over. Passing cars going way too fast for the conditions etc.

Near Banff there were 4 or 5 Semi's smashed up on the highway. I guess they feel they have better traction in snow because of all those wheels.

On the way home we got to coquihalla in the dark and all the lines on the road had been scraped off, no street lights, all the reflectors gone so you could not even tell when a corner came up,
    it was really dangerous, and yet these semi truckers were passing us on the left like it was a beautiful sunny day. I was really surprised to not see an accident coming back.

Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    .......who ever filmed it, needs to be slapped for holding the phone the wrong way.
    Maybe not slapped, but yeah the video could have been better. The sound was the shocking part for me moreso though
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki ER6n
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMagnet View Post
    I was really surprised to not see an accident coming back.
    Last year I was on the coq on what I felt was a pretty shitty day (reduced visibility, snowing, compacted snow on the ground and only two little tire tracks worn through to the road).
    I was doing a bit under the limit (a speed I felt was safe for the conditions) and I just couldn't believe how fast some people were going, passed by us as if it were a fine summer day. Also got passed by a cop who was rippin', but I think he might have been running studded tires, not sure.

Further ahead we saw a pickup truck that had passed us earlier, now in the ditch on the shoulder. The driver was standing near his truck looking embarrassed and angry.

I guess some folks get over confident and just push the limit a bit too much.
    Of course if you're young, and out drinking, whoring, and toking till all hours on a Saturday nite, forget about it.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMagnet View Post
    That is a heck of a video. I wonder why the emergency personnel didn't run up the road with some flares? That would have been the logical thing to do under these circumstances.

When i drove to Calgary to pick up my bike a few months ago there were crazy truck drivers all over. Passing cars going way too fast for the conditions etc.

Near Banff there were 4 or 5 Semi's smashed up on the highway. I guess they feel they have better traction in snow because of all those wheels.

On the way home we got to coquihalla in the dark and all the lines on the road had been scraped off, no street lights, all the reflectors gone so you could not even tell when a corner came up,
    it was really dangerous, and yet these semi truckers were passing us on the left like it was a beautiful sunny day. I was really surprised to not see an accident coming back.
    I think it's a safe assumption that they weren't on scene yet. I couldn't make out sirens in any part of the video.

Registered User Array BugMagnet's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Suzuki DL1000A
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    I think it's a safe assumption that they weren't on scene yet. I couldn't make out sirens in any part of the video.
    I guess you missed the other video taken at about the same time from the front view.

must have more bacon Array gxr jo's Avatar
    Bike
    a few pretties
    Yeah This latest vidéo Just adds to the failness of It all
    listen to me or i will eat you're bacon

wmrc #9

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    One driver from Montreal was going to be charged with vehicular homicide but it got pulled back, anybody read any details about that? Seems absurd to punish one guy and not the dozens who piled in behind him. I'm curious to hear the full story, I suppose his truck was the one that caused the death.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    who ever filmed it, needs to be slapped for holding the phone the wrong way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9z...jc9NMWBarB1xqg
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    The under use of rail is the primary cause of excessive truck traffic. Comparing Europe to NA is comparing apples to frogs. If you have a problem with the number of freight trucks on the road, you need to fix the North American rail system. Good luck with that.

Big rigs have as much right to the road (every lane) as you do. More if you consider fuel tax as any form of ownership.
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.