Newbie Question

Thread: Newbie Question

The WET Coast
    01 GSXR 600

Newbie Question

I've been searching over the net for bikes that i'd like to get for my first bike. i'm starting the action course next week. i'm very interested in the 600cc sportbikes like the CBRf3 and ZX6R. most people say that it might be too much to start with though. on the net i've seen bikes such as CRB400 & VFR400, but i have never seen one here. they look pretty nice and aren't as powerful as the 600's. but why aren't there any here!?
    Last edited by sascrx88; 06-28-2003 at 12:22 AM.
    The biggest problem with motorcycles is the NUT that connects the seat to the handle bars.

2. Remove Advertisements

Midnight Rider Array TeknicGSXR's Avatar
    Vancouver BC
    1997 GSXR 750 Red / Blk
    These bikes weren't sold here and can't be insured here, You CAN find a 400cc bike but it would have to be at least fifteen years old to be insurable becasue of government regulations. A 600cc won't be too bad if you take a course and know what your doing. Just respect the bike and you'll be fine. I started on a 400 and wish I got a 600 instead, but that's just me, I got a GSXR 750 now, love it.

Safe riding, good luck on your course!!
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Yeah, Atlas sells them but as pointed out they are all more than 15 years old. And since they weren't sold here by the dealers you'll have a terrible time getting any parts other than the very basic ones. Stick with something that was sold here properley.

And for all the other questions hop on over to the "beginner thread to end all beginner threads". As noted I haven't edited out all the snotty answers but I think you'll get the idea. Click on this link....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Cutekid has a VFR400 for sale I think.
    Unless you are mechanically inclined (or know some one who is) then I would stick with newer. You wanna focus on riding not on holding the front wheel together.

Demo Days
    If it doesn't have to be a sport bike, don't rule out a dual sport

Registered User Array NapoleanInRags's Avatar
    2016 Aprilia Shiver 750

Re: Newbie Question

Originally posted by sascrx88
    I've been searching over the net for bikes that i'd like to get for my first bike.

Have you checked this site out?