drilling out baffels

Thread: drilling out baffels

Ducati 848

drilling out baffels

How do you do it? Any place on the net for pictures and a " how too?"
    doing the wrong thing without the right information is ignorance! Knowing the information and doing it anyway, is stupidity!

2. Remove Advertisements

The Wet Coast
    1966 CCM
    I drilled out the baffles on my 1200 Bandit.....sounded just like I drilled out the baffles......I welded it back up and rode it till I got a slip on
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Yep, 9 times out of 10 drilling out a stocker gives you noise and no power increase. In fact it may even hurt it. And to add insult to injury most of the ones I've heard sound like a cow passing gas after the modification.

But if you really insist one method I've heard is to get a 3 foot piece of 5/8 steel rod and sharpen one end to a nail like point and then just push it in and hit it with a hammer until it punctures the last wall. Pull it back, angle it over a little and do it again a few times until you're happy.

Just ignore the screams of pain from your bike as this is done...

Actually you should at least take off the muffler to do this.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array Gixxer_108's Avatar
    100 MIle BC
    2006 Honda ST1300
    I used a 2" hole saw with an extension it sounds great!...LOUD!