BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ?
    Nice post!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2005 RC51
    When we were vintage racing at Westwood in the late 80's we flew Geoff out for the weekend. Absolute prince of a man. Never forget the evening we sat in a house here in Langley and played the Castrol video of the year he won the double (350 cc and 500cc) as he narrated the whole film. We also had a Q & A in the pits one evening, and I recall a man coming up to him and saying he had been sitting at turn so & so at a such and such a track in 195whatever and remembered how Geoff had laid a stipe down on each lap right on top of the one from the previous lap. Geoff casually remarked "except on lap 3 when I went round the outside of so and so" He could instantly recall every race in detail from his whole career. An amazing man, and a privilege to have spent some time with him.

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    lovely tribute. I'll admit to not being very familiar with him, be he certainly seems to have been 'the man' in the early 50s. and it was a revelation to me that Duke Videos was founded by his son, Peter, altho the logic is apparent.
    nice post, thanks.
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2006 K1200S
    Fukk 'resting in peace' ... I'd say party hearty wherever your soul ends up, and carve those eternal apexes at the nearest track at light-speeds !!
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    a friend of mine just shared this, some may enjoy it, includes a brief interview with his son, Peter Duke... The Final Lap

Last edited by bacchus40; 05-14-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.