MAD MAX: Fury Road
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MAD MAX: Fury Road

Bike
    '08 Honda CBR600rr

MAD MAX: Fury Road

Please tell me you guys have watched it..

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

medicated 4 ur protection Array syncro's Avatar
    Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    i saw it sat night. visually it was pretty impressive but there was not a lot to the story which is probably why it seemed longer than it was; felt like it was 3hrs instead of the actual 2hrs. it was good but not good enough that i would go out of my way to watch it a second time. if you want nothing more than 2hrs of explsions, car chases and car crashes then you will walk away satisified. if you actually want a story then you will be left feeling meh.

i recently watched margin call and nightcrawler on netflix and found both of the those movies more engaging and better.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    I dug it. Good pacing. No typical lull for love-story. Sure the framework is there, but only hinted at. The rest of the screen-time properly concerns itself with over-the-top insanity and overboard action.
    Sure, story-wise it may seem a bit ...flat. But it's an action flick, and it delivers on this, HARD.

It's a fun ride. Complete spectacle. Do recommend. Will watch the inevitable sequel.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    I dug it. Good pacing. No typical lull for love-story. Sure the framework is there, but only hinted at. The rest of the screen-time properly concerns itself with over-the-top insanity and overboard action.
    Sure, story-wise it may seem a bit ...flat. But it's an action flick, and it delivers on this, HARD.

It's a fun ride. Complete spectacle. Do recommend. Will watch the inevitable sequel.
    Really? They're re-making Thunderdome?
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    no doubt it's complete specatacle and like you say on that end it works well. i guess nowadays i prefer my movies with more substance than just things that go bang, which is probably why i like docs so much.

Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Really? They're re-making Thunderdome?
    How far under the avalanche of money do you think the idea is buried, "gee, maybe we should make another one"?

See 'Fury Road'. There's may be a few 'loose threads' that could lead to this guys' return:
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Heard enough about it to know it's basically one long chase scene. Yes I can believe it feels longer than it is. If you're comparing to Margin Call I think that film is far superior but then again it's on the opposite end of the spectrum - all talk no action.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Spoilers below.

Was good. But i rooted for the bad guy. His resource management kept all those people alive...while the other group farmed their land into depletion.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    How far under the avalanche of money do you think the idea is buried, "gee, maybe we should make another one"?

See 'Fury Road'. There's may be a few 'loose threads' that could lead to this guys' return:
    I heard Mel's going to pull a cameo as Master.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by frontside5 View Post
    Heard enough about it to know it's basically one long chase scene. Yes I can believe it feels longer than it is. If you're comparing to Margin Call I think that film is far superior but then again it's on the opposite end of the spectrum - all talk no action.
    not so much a direct comparison, but just how much the film drew me in. so while the visuals in mad max were great, what amounted to 2 straight hours of bang crash boom got a bit tedious by the end and left me looking at my watch to see how much of it was left as i'd had enough and kinda didn't care too much how the movie ended.

Registered User Array Silvermink's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Ducati ST3s
    I'm planning to go see it, but realized the only one I'd actually seen of the series was Road Warrior (I know, I know, shameful) so the girlfriend and I are watching everything else first.

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    .... instead, I watched Pitch Perfect 2.. under silent protest.

Bike
    05 919
    Fury Road was awesome.

anyone who has reservations after seeing it, is impatiently waiting for the next season of Bachelorette, or, impatiently waiting for their next punch in the balls.

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    Haven't seen it, but a couple of the reviews I read summarized it as feminism-drivel, so I'll save it for a download.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Who's a fan of the originals that's seen this one? I'm really concerned that watching it will be like watching someone slowly drag a beautiful classic Norton down the road on its side.

If this is just another Phantom Menace I think I'll stay home and watch the originals.

At least the first two.