98 ZX6R question

Thread: 98 ZX6R question

98 ZX6R question

I'm thinking of purchasing a 98 ZX6R.
    it's been dropped and has approx 24000 kms.

It'll be my first bike so I expect to drop it sometime.
    Anyway... the price is $4700.
    It comes with brand new fairings, front cowl and headlight assembly.

Do you guys think it's worth it??

2. Remove Advertisements

Team No Team Array
    Hell yeah, smokin deal if its been fully repaired. Key thing is to have it mechanically inspected. Cosmetic pieces are WAY easier to fix than mechanical, or esp. electrical problems. The key is the mechanical things, like if the frame's straight, forks straight or twisted, etc. If its been dropped it could be small damage or it could be huge damage, enough to write it off, but not because it was fixed via the mickey mouse way just enough to get it sold. Like on one gixxer that a fellow rider bought, it was a sweet deal, but after he bought it he found out that the front fork internals were shot, the stops to keep the front end from going beyond lock to lock were busted, and some other damage that he had not seen before, cause he did not have it inspected. And take it to someone reputable, like, Imperial, Mspeed, BK, DKR, Bomax if your an old customer. Other shops may claim to inspect it thoroughly, but don't. These are good shops from my experience.

But if he won't let you get it inspected, something's fishy.

Thanks for the info.
    I will definitely get it inspected.
    Are any of those reputable shops located in Richmond?

The Mighty One
    None of those shops are in Richmond. The only shops that I can think of in Richmond are Richmond Motorsports, Pacific Yamaha and one more at the north end of No. 2 or 3 road. I haven't heard a lot of raving reviews over these places (pacific yamaha has had more than the others). The ones that lowprofile posted are the best in my opinion. I've dealt with mspeed and imperial and they both deal with broken bikes quite a bit and will know what to look for (Imperial especially). That deal sounds too good to be true. If a whole pile of exterior parts just went on and he's selling it for that price, he might have done better parting it out. Get them to do the works on the inspection. That's a very desireable bike, if EVERYTHING checks out, buy it!

you guys have the contact info on where Mspeed is?