Yup - gotta have a plate flipper ...

Thread: Yup - gotta have a plate flipper ...

Bike
    2006 K1200S

Yup - gotta have a plate flipper ...

Owner of motorcycle caught on YouTube driving through B.C shopping mall fined
    Footage showed bike speeding through Surrey streets before heading down escalator and through mall
    CBC News Posted: Jun 16, 2015 2:45 PM PT| Last Updated: Jun 16, 2015 2:45 PM PT

CCTV footage captured a motorcyclist driving down an escalator in a Surrey mall on Feb. 20, 2015. (Live Leak/ YouTube)
    103 shares

The registered owner of a motorbike that was caught on YouTube speeding through the streets of Surrey, B.C. before heading inside a mall and riding across a pedestrian overpass has been served with hefty fines totaling around $13,500.

Surrey RCMP say the multiple violations the owner was ticketed for included 58 traffic infractions.

The motorbike involved has also been seized, pending a civil forfeiture hearing.

"While we were unable to positively identify the driver of the motorcycle, we are still able to hold the registered owner to account in this instance," Surrey RCMP Cpl. Scotty Schumann said in a statement Tuesday.

The video, released by Live Leak and uploaded to YouTube on March 13, cut between police helicopter and cruiser footage and surveillance footage from inside the Guildford mall.

It shows several people moving out of the way of the motorcycle as it plunges down an escalator and through a set of sliding doors. Security guards can be seen running in pursuit.

Helicopter footage shows the motorcyclist leaving the mall and riding across an overpass, as two pedestrians jump out the way.

The video ends with a shot of the motorcycle, which bears stickers supporting the Hells Angels.

The rider's face has been blurred in the video footage.

At the time the video surfaced, police confirmed that it had been created by an investigator and said they were looking into how it became public.
    I define Hell as having to ride back and forth from Blaine to Tijuana on I - 5 in perpetuity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

BCSB Public Relations Array kerunt's Avatar
    Bike
    none
    They really went to town with the traffic fines. I wonder how many will actually stick.
    "Yamaha" - it's Japanese for "fuck your sports car."

Bike
    Ticketed the owner
    So no demerit points given.

Just like the Rodney Scott video.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Bike
    FZ09/CRF250x
    So if it's a stolen bike....the registered owner has to cough up 13k?

To torque or not? Array CaribooBC's Avatar
    Bike
    94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 86 NS400R and 98 R1100S
    I would like to know how they found the registered owner. I had read that it was a stolen plate on the bike.
    86 Honda NS400R Bone stock, 94 Ducati 900 SS CR Hot Rod, 98 BMW R1100S The Bagger.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
    So if it's a stolen bike....the registered owner has to cough up 13k?
    One would assume that if a vehicle is reported stolen, this would negate the liability of the owner from anything the operator does illegally.

I can say that after years of my dad hanging out with some HA members, there is the fact that a members bike is considered club property, free to use by any other member. One could also assume that the sticker on the side of that POS indicates this is affiliated with the HA. This leads me to believe that the owner or a close "affiliate" operated the bike.

IMO, he should lose the bike, and pay the fines. Ram it up his ass.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    One would assume that if a vehicle is reported stolen, this would negate the liability of the owner from anything the operator does illegally.
    guess who was being sued for damages after his truck was stolen and used in a hit and run.

this guy.

took icbc 2 years of dicking around and more in lawyers fees than what they ended up paying the guy. idiots.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post
    guess who was being sued for damages after his truck was stolen and used in a hit and run.

this guy.

took icbc 2 years of dicking around and more in lawyers fees than what they ended up paying the guy. idiots.
    Reading through some ICBC documents it seems to appear that if the driver does not have the consent of the owner to operate the vehicle, the owner is not liable.. Of course you did not give consent if it was stolen... Did you leave the keys in it or was it a locked vehicle and hotwired?
    Last edited by silverD; 06-18-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    rsv4r
    It was hot wired.

It took 2 years and a trip to bc supreme court for icbc to stop dicking the poor bastard around.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    Bike
    '08 Varadero
    The poor bastard being you or some third party?
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Bike
    rsv4r
    the guy who was hit.

i reported the vehicle stolen sometime that morning after calling tow yards to make sure it wasnt there. then someone told me all tows are reported to local rcmp, so called them and... it was stolen.

icbc didnt want to pay him because it was a stolen vehicle that hit him. so he was trying to sue my insurance policy.

bottom line... make sure your ininsured/underinsured policy is maxed out.