Old men need to slow down in the Okanagan.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old men need to slow down in the Okanagan.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid

Old men need to slow down in the Okanagan.

This was in the Penticton Western paper after the police conducted a two day vehicle check blitz in the Penticton area. Motorcycles got honorable mention.

"both excessive speeding cases involved motorcycles operated by middle aged men."

" in the last two months in the South Okanagan there has been seven serious motorcycle crashes resulting in one fatality and six people suffering life-threatening injuries. All but one of those accidents involved middle-aged, male operators."

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2006 ZX14, 1981 Brat Bike, 1981 Goldwing.
    Could they define 'middle age'. I'd like to think I'll live to 88. :-)
    "Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for fifteen minutes" - Cousin Eddie

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    20 years ago, all complaints were thrown at the 25-and-under crowd.

sounds like they're all grown up now
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2012 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    " in the last two months in the South Okanagan there has been seven serious motorcycle crashes resulting in one fatality and six people suffering life-threatening injuries. All but one of those accidents involved middle-aged, male operators."
    untrustworthy source! should read "have"...
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Registered User Array CanadianBird's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR1100XX
    70 years old, but I have been up there lately.
    Full Yoshi SS, Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge steel lines, Hel oil lines, Corbin GFL, Penske rear, RaceTech front, Hids, Givi hard bags with full lighting kit, Dyna Coils, K&N, Samco rad hoses, 9500ix/iQ, Pazzo, some bling, some CF.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    The average age in BC is middle age. Not a shock to me that middle age drivers are getting more press.
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Pea Souper View Post
    The average age in BC is middle age. Not a shock to me that middle age drivers are getting more press.
    So true.

There does seem to be a new crop of riders. Certainly middle aged and many riding harleys.

Not all with harleys. Spotted a brand new ninja 1000 with every conceivable option and a dash full of gadgets. Looks like it left the showroom fully outfitted. Beautiful machine.
    The rider was middle aged with brand new gear. He never spoke a word. Just stared out into space.
    I was taken back when I noticed he had not removed the glaring orange warning sticker off the tank.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    So true.

There does seem to be a new crop of riders. Certainly middle aged and many riding harleys.

Not all with harleys. Spotted a brand new ninja 1000 with every conceivable option and a dash full of gadgets. Looks like it left the showroom fully outfitted. Beautiful machine.
    The rider was middle aged with brand new gear. He never spoke a word. Just stared out into space.
    I was taken back when I noticed he had not removed the glaring orange warning sticker off the tank.
    Thats such a pet peeve of mine....take of those damn stickers!

oldskool suzuki rules Array maggotbreath's Avatar
    Bike
    237 HP 86GSXR11 Turbo Streetfighter, 84 GS1150EFE, 73GT750 in pieces. XN85, GS250, GS450, BSA500X2, BSA650, XT350
    So ya, fatality was a husband of co-worker, braked to avoid a deer, lost control and hit a pole! Could of happened to anyone!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkyleepickle View Post
    Thats such a pet peeve of mine....take of those damn stickers!
    Shit, I thought removing stickers would void any insurance claim. I'll get right on that!
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Bike
    98GL
    Very few "middle aged/old" riders have had any training and they had to do almost nothing to get their DL. Current tests require much more skill. Lack of training+overconfidence=crashes. Just because you have been riding for 20 plus years does not make you a good rider itself....you need to improve skills.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    K4 GSXR
    Was staying in a hotel in the kootenays earlier this week and some old guys rolled through... they were pretty eager to go on about how they were ripping up the corners at 200+ km/h to any strangers that would listen... no idea their skill but I didn't walk away from them with the feeling that the whole group should have been riding that kind of ride....

Bike
    RC
    One thing that's good about old guys is they never let what really happened get in the way of a good story.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
    The older I get, the faster I ran as a boy...
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."
    ~Last words of Gen. Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Hey. Stickers are a pita to remove.

Id rather spend a day riding than removing stickers.

Or washing it.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL