BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Old men need to slow down in the Okanagan.

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  IllA4-1.8T 
#1 ·
This was in the Penticton Western paper after the police conducted a two day vehicle check blitz in the Penticton area. Motorcycles got honorable mention.

"both excessive speeding cases involved motorcycles operated by middle aged men."

" in the last two months in the South Okanagan there has been seven serious motorcycle crashes resulting in one fatality and six people suffering life-threatening injuries. All but one of those accidents involved middle-aged, male operators."

#3 ·
20 years ago, all complaints were thrown at the 25-and-under crowd.

sounds like they're all grown up now :p

#4 ·
" in the last two months in the South Okanagan there has been seven serious motorcycle crashes resulting in one fatality and six people suffering life-threatening injuries. All but one of those accidents involved middle-aged, male operators."
untrustworthy source! should read "have"...

Reactions: derekmcl
#5 ·
70 years old, but I have been up there lately.

#7 ·
So true.

There does seem to be a new crop of riders. Certainly middle aged and many riding harleys.

Not all with harleys. Spotted a brand new ninja 1000 with every conceivable option and a dash full of gadgets. Looks like it left the showroom fully outfitted. Beautiful machine.
The rider was middle aged with brand new gear. He never spoke a word. Just stared out into space.
I was taken back when I noticed he had not removed the glaring orange warning sticker off the tank.

#11 ·
Very few "middle aged/old" riders have had any training and they had to do almost nothing to get their DL. Current tests require much more skill. Lack of training+overconfidence=crashes. Just because you have been riding for 20 plus years does not make you a good rider itself....you need to improve skills.

#12 ·
Was staying in a hotel in the kootenays earlier this week and some old guys rolled through... they were pretty eager to go on about how they were ripping up the corners at 200+ km/h to any strangers that would listen... no idea their skill but I didn't walk away from them with the feeling that the whole group should have been riding that kind of ride....

#15 ·
Hey. Stickers are a pita to remove.

Id rather spend a day riding than removing stickers.

Or washing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.