BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Bad experience with Yamaha Motorsports (Francoise)

5K views 67 replies 36 participants last post by  Jimi G 
G
#1 ·
I'm new to this whole motorcycle thingy so let me share my bad experience with you guys and tell me what you think.

My friend and I are upstairs looking around minding our own business. Looking at the gear, stuff like that. My friend GENTLY picks up one of the (few) helmets and looks at it and GENTLY puts it back.
Meanwhile Francoise (is that how you spell that?) is busy haggling loudly with some other customer over some gear and he wouldn't bring down the price anymore on watever they were talking about. Upon seeing my friend GENTLY put the helmet back he stops in midsentence to turn towards my friend and YELL "HEY! IF YOU DROP THAT YOU'RE PAYING FOR IT!!!"

My friend and I just look at each other in surprise. we're like wtf??!!! What kind of attitude is that??!! Nevertheless, we just walk out of there.

Dunno what his problem is. =(

#2 ·
funniest thing I ever saw was a buddy drop an arai @ modern, and in a spastic leap to provent it from hitting the floor, he tried to stop it with his boot .... effectively drop-kickin' the helmet halfway across the floor!
aaron was kewl about it tho....played it off like it happened all the time. wonder if it was ever sold...

#5 ·
DNAspark99 said:
funniest thing I ever saw was a buddy drop an arai @ modern, and in a spastic leap to provent it from hitting the floor, he tried to stop it with his boot .... effectively drop-kickin' the helmet halfway across the floor!
aaron was kewl about it tho....played it off like it happened all the time. wonder if it was ever sold...
I did the same thing with my cellphone a couple weeks ago. I always try using my foot to soften the landing on things I dropped, but I was especially ineffective this time and booted my phone maybe three meters farther along the pavement.

#7 ·
DNAspark99 said:
shat.. that better not be my helmet :eek
what model/color was it?

#11 ·
gordopolis said:
That's just his French-Canadian sense of humour :p
That pretty much sums it up...he really isn't that bad a guy.

#12 ·
DNAspark99 said:
BWAGAGAGAGAHAHAHAHAH !!!! :roflmao
omg! what i wouldn't have given to have seen that :laughing
I'm surprised Aaron was so good about it, but i guess an accident is just that :rolleyes

[/i] [B]A 'little' harsh....but then again... He might be having a really bad day....he might have recieved the crappy news that his folks were t-boned and that their in serious condition. And can't leave the shop. its posssible....[/B][/QUOTE] If that's the case that he's havin a rough day. stay fuck home. He's only goin to damage his reputation and sales. Not much good for him said:
That's just his French-Canadian sense of humour :p
Are they all like that? Geeyawd.

Originally posted by
I'm not going to say what shop, but I know of a parts guy that jumped over the counter and attacked a guy once.
Now THAT'S what i call reaching out to your customers :p

#20 ·
I think calling someone a "bitch" for doing a bad attempt to save a sale or trying to be honest about exchange rates/duties is a bit harsh.

If you owned a shop and you saw %90 of people walk into your shop, wank you around on models and fit and then decide to buy it from some cheap ass distribution from the states would YOU get a little pissed off?

Not to mention drop your shit, handle your shit, put your greasy head into your shit.... just to try it on and check it out so they can go purchase it from someone else, then call them a BITCH for trying to save a sale.

Shops are around to make money, It's too bad people don't understand the overhead that comes with owning a shop vs. the margins that a distribution can make. If you want to buy distribution, great go do it, even go to your local store with a guy that's trying to make a living and TRY all the crap on to make sure you are sized and given the right information and assistance.

But don't go calling them a "bitch" for trying to save a sale. HOnestly that's just plain bad character.

Imo I don't like Pac Yam either but I don't think they deserve to get flamed for someone trying to defend their shop.

#21 ·
Did I mention that she said it in a VERY RUDE way? I didn't even try the helemt on as they didn't have it in display. So basically I went over there to see if they can give me a similar price on the helmet. I DROVE ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE TO ASK FOR THE DAMN PRICE AND THEY HAD TO TREAT ME LIKE THAT? Before she made the rude comment, I even thanked them for looking up the price for me. I am not a guy loaded with money, so I try to find what's best and cheapest for me. I don't think she was trying to save the sale. She actually got rid of one of her potential customers. Once again, let me stress the fact that it's MY MONEY and she shouldn't be telling me how I should spend my money. She coulda made her comment in a nice way and perhaps offer her service if I need anything else from them.

#22 ·
Cyber_Pinky, I agree with you completely.

You guys should imagine yourself in their position. Guys coming in to check the fit and then order online.
Mini.... IMO, your comment that you can get it cheaper online is no better than her's about brokerage, taxes and exchange. Did you expect her to give you a web address for an even better online bargains.

Who knows, maybe a customer dropped a helmet just a few minutes earler and then refused to pay for the damage.
FYI, they have a sign at the helmets reading "Please ask for assistance with helmets"
Going online and slamming him publicly is cowardly. If you had a problem with Francoise be a man and confront him, don't bash him and Pacific Yam for their business practices that "HURT" your feelings.

BUY IN CANADA, The economy affects us all. If your gonna buy from the states then go size up there too.

#23 ·
I basically told them the price that they sell in the US and asked for their price. Never tried anything on at Pac Yam and the only thing they helped me with was the pricing... I knew my size and the style I want and was just asking for the damn price... 10 mins of waiting.. 3 mins of conversation... I thanked them for looking up the price.. their response? I am sorry I don't make millions of dollars like you guys do as I am still a student. So I try to find the right product at the right price. I went over to Modern and asked Aaron about the price in the same way. He told me that he couldn't do it or even go near the US price. But he said that I should get it since it's such a good deal and offered his help on other things. You see the difference? Both shops are trying to make a living. Yet they take things differently.

#24 ·
Mini said:
Both shops are trying to make a living. Yet they take things differently.
Just 2 different types of business.
Pac yam has what 15 + employees, they sell over 900 Yamaha's a year and about 100 BMW's. They got huge overhead and like any business nowadays they have to meet sales #'s.
Modern is a father/son bus. Aaron's dad has had that business for years and you gotta admit that Aaron could care less if you buy something or not. They order their what ?100? bikes at the begining of the year and that's it. Doopy doo sales pressure. Aaron's dad apparently owns that whole block and more property on The Drive so selling bikes is probably just something to do.

Anyways, I hope you got good online service. I've seen 100's of complaints on other bike forums regarding poor online service. My buddy had a nightmare returning a scratched Shoei to the Helmetharbour.
I am very curious, how much money did you save online?
And I gotta laugh, your starving student plee, :laughing I've seen your bike and latest gear and your not that skinny to be starvin' :thumbup

G
#25 ·
dirtbag said:
The blonde is the owners daughter. I guess its better than her working the streets!
umm...you wont see her on the streets - shes my old roommate...and i just returned from Pac - Yam where Francoise hooked up a great price on a jacket and gloves for my friend...

i'm not sure what the complaint is? is it the "you break you pay" comment? thats pretty standard for any shop.

#26 ·
Francoise is harmless ..If he yells at you, yell back at him and shake your fist. Don't be so easily intimidated people!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.