BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Tank vent with internal leak

488 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CrotchetyRocket 
#1 ·
Wellp, it's my turn to ask for help. Seems my F2 tank vent is leaking internally and draining my gas into the catch bottle. Not a good thing. It's not where it's welded into the base of the tank as a plug over the stub seals it fine. It would seem that the metal tubing has cracked inside the tank. I'll be taking off the filler cap to have a look but even with that off there's not much room for getting hands or tools inside there for any sort of fix..... or so it would seem. I'm hoping some of you "ship in a bottle" mechanical types have some ideas.

The leak at least had the decency to wait until I'd finished my last session of the day at Spokane so I guess it's not all bad. And thanks to BCSB and JohhnyBravo I have a spare tank but it would be nice to fix this one so I still have a spare.

Any ideas? If worse comes to worse I'm thinking I'll pull out the tube altogether and solder a patch or put a screw with O ring in the hole and fix up an external top vent ala Ducati. I REALLY don't want to toss this tank just for such a stupid little problem if I can avoid it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.