BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

speedo

467 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  huck-jai 
#1 ·
Currently my speedo is in miles...........
I'm going to purchase a new speedo in kmh.....is there any way to advance the new speedo to match the correct km's on the bike?
Thanx

#2 ·
Do you mean the Odometer?
The odometer is the one that count the miles/KM on the bike, the speedometer displays the speed.

Depending on the type/model there is a way to advance an odometer. I have never rolled a mechanical odo before, but given that you can roll them back easily I imagine that rolling them forward should be simple.

Rolling an electrical one is a different story.
If there is no designed way (like a button for it) on the new odo then you can still trick it. Electrical odometers count electrical pulses from the speed sensor. If you feed the unit pulses at an accelerated rate then it should 'roll' forward. Basicly you are telling it that your bike is moveing when it isn't. You will need a bit of electrical know-how to do this.

I would just write the old mileage down in the owners manual with a note about why you replaced the unit and keep the old one. If you ever have to sell the bike you should not have a problem.

-Sandworm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.