Bye Bye Seattle Motorcycle Show
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Seattle Motorcycle Show

Bike

Bye Bye Seattle Motorcycle Show

Seattle Motorcycle show is not on the 2015/16 schedule

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Portland show instead this year.

I like traffic cones :S Array made Man's Avatar
    Bike
    rsv4r
    Longer drive, shittier food, hotels for twice the price.

Awesome.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Ural Patrol, Honda CTX700
    Quote Originally Posted by made Man View Post

Awesome.
    Portland has wonderful food and beer. Agreed on the longer drive though, was looking forward to the Seattle show this year.

Bike
    Fly, Uber and fly back.
    Probably cheaper
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Portland is great for food and beer i agree, but no way in hell i'm driving down there for a show..

i think i'm just gonna do the BC show next year
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    shittier food
    So you've never been to Portland.

Bike
    rsv4r
    I was there last week. 250+ and 30 bux parking fee for a three star hotel? I stayed at the marriot on nye for less than that here.

Food was... meh. Stopped by that doughnut shop... no taste of the dough, just sugar/hfcs filled toppings. Only ate cause i skipped lunch and was tired from a long drive and feeling hangry. Tried a pizza joint later... supposedly good. Bleh. Tried a brewery and their food. That was alright for the price. Tried a "famous" breakfast place....once again....was alright.

Maybe i expected more from the hype i heard about the place. Maybe i should have tried the food cart squares they had in dt, but smell of piss coming from the parking lot ruined the appetite.
    "Honda = Boring, Suzuki = Wannabes, Yamaha = Poser, Ducati = Overated, BMW = Compensating, Aprilia = Insecure, Buell = BCIT business... go faKOffee." - PUREVIL

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    I was there last week. 250+ and 30 bux parking fee for a three star hotel? I stayed at the marriot on nye for less than that here.

Food was... meh. Stopped by that doughnut shop... no taste of the dough, just sugar/hfcs filled toppings. Only ate cause i skipped lunch and was tired from a long drive and feeling hangry. Tried a pizza joint later... supposedly good. Bleh. Tried a brewery and their food. That was alright for the price. Tried a "famous" breakfast place....once again....was alright.

Maybe i expected more from the hype i heard about the place. Maybe i should have tried the food cart squares they had in dt, but smell of piss coming from the parking lot ruined the appetite.
    I'm with you on the donuts. Middling at best. Not sure what the hype is about.

Bike
    ummm
    Time to just say screw it with the local shows, and go to INTERMOT.

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit

So, you went to the tourist traps? Let me guess, Voodoo, instead of a place like Bluestar where the locals go?

Portland is huge for craft beer, if you're into that and can dodge the crowds of hipsters. And it's also got more strip bars per capital than anywhere else in the US. Fair warning, they're usually filled with tattooed hipster girl dancers. Last time I was down there with my son he got a picture of himself next to the marquee for an establishment offering "gluten free lap dances".

Mom was not amused

Bike
    rsv4r
    Nope. Went to DT, walked around. Few places did not smell like piss. for beer went to fat head, for breakfast to Mother's.

doughnut shop was voodoo, but mainly because of that sign next door... even the smell doughnuts did not cover up the smell of piss.

i guess i am not "hip" enough to know the "in" spots.

everything was closing or closed at the time as well.

next oregon trip i will just stick to the coast or the interior. cannon beach was beautiful.

Registered User Array
    Bike

Awesome.
    Is there anything in life you don't whine about?

Registered User Array
    Bike

Just because your an Idiot doesn't mean other can't find a decent deal in Portland.
    I stay there all the time for Omrra and had no issues.
    Same prices as Seattle every time just less tax!

Bike
    rsv4r
    one thing i dont complain about is idiots cross threading my caliper brackets or failing to balance wheels properly since i stopped wasting money at your shop.