FS: 2005 r6 29 k km. $4700

Thread: FS: 2005 r6 29 k km. $4700

Registered User Array
    maple ridge
    05 r6

FS: 2005 r6 29 k km. $4500

selling my 2005 r6 i've had for 2 years. i bought this from Western motorsports in 2013 at the end of the season. This bike was owned by a lady that worked there, someone can confirm this.i bought it when it had 18k km, now its at 29k km.i used it for commuting first season(lots of hwy and low rpm), and this season, i didnt have much time to ride it(3-4k km) this bike has had one day at the track day, but it was part of the school and had much traffic, it is not abused.I am NOT a motivated seller, but i have to save up to finish school and am willing to part with it for the right price. If not, i just have to wait few more months.1. first year for r6 to have inverted fork(less unsprung weight)2. has more character than current r6 as it has a large throttle body and is cable pulled not fly by wire.3. needs nothing. lots of parts replaced with higher quality components,4. head turner, easier on insurance than 1000cc, wont get sick of it like 250cc.lots of upgrade(listed in similar groups, most components 1 years old)- full akrapovic exhaust (titanium pipes with shortened carbon tip) sounds great.- power commander installed.- dan-moto clip ons- rental grip- graves rearset- knock off short pazzo brake/clutch levers- corbin saddle- carbon front/rear fender- zero gravity double bubble woodcraft engine cover(both sides)no-cut slidersfront axle and rear spool sliders.- steel braided lines(bled last july, but will need bleed before next season, but its fine atm)- brake pads replaced july last season, (ebc metallic compound replaced last july)- tires replaced last july, dunlop q3(3000km on them now))- scott steering damper- racetech gold valve for front damper, both compression and rebound assembly replaced.- fork seals replaced last july, 3k on them(did not leak before, just felt like i should when they were rebuilding fork for new kit)- penske rear shock ( compression, rebound ), eye-to-eye length has been increased by 5mm to make turn in easier. remote reservoir is attached to the passenger foot peg.- racetech front fork spring has been changed to be slightly stiffer.bike is currently set at mspeed for 190lb rider for track setting. i'm 170lb now(lost lots of weight) and i ride street with no issue. 600lb vs 580lb (not huge difference in setting)* most of these components were bought and installed at bayside. (except for steering damper, tires, seat, levers, fenders, windshield and other non-complicated installs).* power commander was bought used.* has stock gearing.*coolant was replaced a season and half ago * air filter was replaced by oem this maybad- bike was dropped at stand still first year, has about an inch piece of the upper cowling broke off(upper right side, most rear). cant see the scratch on fairing unless you REALLY look. the picture is the side that it fell on, you can see the piece behind the mirror stem missing. Other than that, you cant see any damage on fairing.- needs brake bleed( a year old), but that's a price to pay as a bike owner.- seat color wont match any clothing in orange or red.currently has 29xxx, putting it off the road tomorrow so it will not climb.oil change was done last weekend, has about 100km on it now.
    Last edited by triforce; 08-21-2015 at 04:26 PM.