Pacific Motorsports Status
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Motorsports Status

Bike
    ummm

Pacific Motorsports Status

Stopped in there Saturday morning, to arrange for a couple BMW recalls to be done. Seems a lot has happened recently. Triumph of course is gone. Now, BMW is no longer on their floor. I saw 4 Moto Guzzi cruisers on the floor, that MV "Oro" that's been a showroom queen for 3 years+, and maybe 10 Aprilias. Service and parts dept. is basically shut down. Can't tell you who is running it, basically Dave is still in sales [good guy], didn't bother going upstairs to accessories. Phoned BMW Canada, the airhead I talked to didn't know about Pacific losing status. Probably never even heard of British Columbia before. Seems like a cluster-fuck to me.

I think Gord at Chilliwack Moto Guzzi-Aprilia is about to get very busy! And, I guess BMW Vancouver is the only option for me now. Too bad the dealer in Ferndale can't do recall stuff, I'd go there for sure first.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2012 KTM SMT990, 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE, 2014 BMW HP4 Carbon Competition, 2006 Honda VT1100, 2010 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Honda CRF50F, 2015 Honda CRF230F, A320 when on the line...
    I have been dealing with Gord for a pretty major service and I have to say he has been exceptional.
    Mach tuck?!

Bike
    Gixxer k9
    What "loosing status" are you calling BMW about? What does that mean? Is it about your recalls? It's not clear sorry.

It sounds like it's closing.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple
    i was never a huge fan of Pacific, based on my personal experiences, but i'm still sad to have only one BMW dealer in the lower mainland. I've had an excellent experience with them, but still, a little healthy competition is always good.

Registered User Array filterwrench's Avatar
    Bike
    r1200gsw
    I guess BMW Vancouver is the only option for me now. Too bad the dealer in Ferndale can't do recall stuff, I'd go there for sure first.[/QUOTE]

Im looking for options for BMW warranty service also,wonder which way to go Victoria or Kelowna....?....not overly impressed wiyh the Vanvouver service shop...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    ST1300 / Husky TE630
    On a positive note, International is opening or already opened shop at 302 W 2nd. Truimf, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Husqvarna dealer. Have not visited yet but I plan to stop by.

http://www.internationalmotorsports....ours-Vancouver

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbybikes View Post
    On a positive note, International is opening or already opened shop at 302 W 2nd. Truimf, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Husqvarna dealer. Have not visited yet but I plan to stop by.

Its a pretty small location, i popped in a couple weeks ago, they had very very little going on, and the guy working couldnt be bothered to even acknowledge my existence....like at all. I know they're knew, but some of these dealers need to learn to at least pretend to be interested in bikes, bikers, talking bikes, selling bikes, servicing bikes, or y'know, saying hello?

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by vancitymike View Post
    What "loosing status" are you calling BMW about? What does that mean? Is it about your recalls? It's not clear sorry.

It sounds like it's closing.
    Well, I'm not sure if they dropped BMW, or BMW dropped them. And I'm not willing to guess either way.

Regarding the recalls, I've not gotten any letters from them, like buddies of mine have with the same issues. Wanted to know WTF is going on.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbybikes View Post

Geez, look at that, Guzzi and Aprilia. Wonder why they have none of that product in Langley location.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkyleepickle View Post
    but some of these dealers need to learn to at least pretend to be interested in bikes, bikers, talking bikes, selling bikes, servicing bikes, or y'know, saying hello?
    this sounds like a lot of work.. why cant they just sit back do nothing and watch the dollah bills walk right in!? ohh wait yeah the dollah bills already know where the door is
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkyleepickle View Post
    Its a pretty small location, i popped in a couple weeks ago, they had very very little going on, and the guy working couldnt be bothered to even acknowledge my existence....like at all. I know they're knew, but some of these dealers need to learn to at least pretend to be interested in bikes, bikers, talking bikes, selling bikes, servicing bikes, or y'know, saying hello?
    Strange, when i was there he walked us through everything, including the 2nd half of the location which isnt even renovated or open yet.

Bike
    Demo Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Phoned BMW Canada, the airhead I talked to didn't know about Pacific losing status.
    They haven't been called airheads for years. They became oil heads and now wet heads. Sheesh! ;-)

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    They haven't been called airheads for years. They became oil heads and now wet heads. Sheesh! ;-)
    LOL, right.

Actually, in between oil heads and wet head, they had hex heads.

Bike
    According to Doreen's facebook posts,
    Everything is doing well at all her dealerships.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    According to Doreen's facebook posts,
    Everything is doing well at all her dealerships.
    Lost her two biggest lines, and all is well? something doesnt add up.

Regardless of what happens, hopefully the good staff there dont get the losing end of whatever happens.