BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Caribou Ride, Sunday, August 10, 2003

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  littlespeedfighter 
#1 · (Edited)
Click Here to See Caribou Ride Poster

Caribou Ride, Sunday, August 10, 2003. $15 gets you a full day ride with trophies, door prizes and HUGE FEAST at the end.

This annual event always proves to be a good ride. Ride begins and ends at the same place. Where it goes is a secret but will be mostly backroads with great twisties.

Go at your own pace, staggered starts so to keep bike groups down.

I can meet people at 7:15 a.m. at the weigh scales on the Surrey side of the Port Mann, this is only 5 minutes from the signup spot.:thumbup

#3 · (Edited)
spacely said:
that sounds kinda like a harley run but it sound fun!!
Well, here's the thing. The GVMC is looking to get more sport bikes out on these rides. The more riders, the better the fun at the BBQ at the end. Some of the members ride sport bikes and they'll be out in full swing.

Not to mention that none of the GVMC ride Harleys.

You want great twisties, speed at your own pace and great food, come out.

#9 · (Edited)
Hmm, I guess I don't have the number for the poster, sorry. I have no idea where the ride is too. Probably 5 hours or so ride. Its a secret to me as well. I do know that the GV's pride themselves on making a good ride through lots of twisties and as low traffic areas as possible. Trust me, you'll have fun If you have any more concerns, let me know. I'll be at the weigh scale at 7:15 a.m.

I'm looking into getting a contact number for you guys, or I'll just see you Sunday. BTW, if you look for me, I just got a purple Suzuki Katana 600 so that's what I'll be riding.

#14 ·
BTW, if you look for me, I just got a purple Suzuki Katana 600 so that's what I'll be riding.

:eek What happened to big bad red Buell Blast. :alien :firemad

#15 ·
USUAL SUSPECT said:
BTW, if you look for me, I just got a purple Suzuki Katana 600 so that's what I'll be riding.

:eek What happened to big bad red Buell Blast. :alien :firemad
The big bad buell blast, you are too funny. :laughing :laughing :laughing

Actually its me that is funny thinkin I could ride the Suzuki before getting it lowered. Boy was I wrong. Looks like I'm taking the car and good old hubby gets to ride my new bike (his died last week). Oh well, in a couple weeks well get her lowered and I'll be good to go.

#17 ·
I don't have any details I'm not allowed to give out cause I'm not putting on the ride, just riding it. I know that you get a route sheet a beginning that tells you exactly what route to take and check stops are usually set up. They also give you a cellular number so if you get lost you can call in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.