BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Danny Eslick arrested shortly before Daytona 200

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  doser 
#1 ·
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...-racer-danny-eslicks-running-fight-with-cops/

The Daytona Beach (Florida) Police Department today released the report on the arrest of two-time Daytona 200 Champion Danny Eslick for the felony charge of Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer.

In the report, Daniel C. Eslick, of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, was arrested at approximately midnight on Monday, March 7 near the intersection of Main Street and Ocean Ave. in Daytona Beach, Florida, by Officer Gregory Quinn.

The intersection of Main Street and Ocean Ave. is the epicenter of Daytona Bike Week nightlife.

Officer Quinn reported that at approximately 11:46 p.m. on March 7 while on patrol on Ocean Ave. he responded to a call about a battery that took place at the intersection of Main Street and Atlantic Ave.

“Upon my arrival, I observed a white male (The Defendant) running North Bound on Ocean Ave.,” Officer Quinn wrote in his official report, which has been posted on the Daytona Beach Police Department website. “Special Events Officer Soto witnessed the defendant push Beth Gilbert to the ground and then began to run East on Main St. to Ocean Ave.”

Gilbert is identified as a 51-year-old woman from Elgin, Illinois.

“I identified myself as a Daytona Beach Police Officer,” continued Officer Quinn’s report, “and the defendant stopped and put his hands in the air and stated, ‘I’m just goofing off with my friends.’ As I approached the defendant he began to walk away from me. I gave the defendant clear and concise commands to stop, but he ignored my command and continued to walk away from me.

“At this point I grabbed the defendant’s right arm to prevent him from leaving. The defendant responded by shoving me in my shoulder causing my portable radio microphone to detach from my uniform. The defendant then began to run West Bound in an alleyway toward Atlantic Ave, from Ocean Ave.

“I pursued the defendant, on foot, into the alleyway and grabbed him by his clothing. The defendant was able to break free and from my hold and turned around and struck me in the chest with a closed fist one time. The defendant then put his hands up and postured in a fighting stance.

“I regained my hold on the defendant and struck him three times with a closed fist on his upper torso in an attempt to subdue him as he actively resisted me. The defendant again shoved me and began to runaway West Bound in the alleyway.

“The defendant tripped and fell as he was attempting [to] get away from me. I attempted to spray the defendant with my department issued OC spray but was unable to make contact with the defendant, as he was running away from me.

“The defendant climbed over a fence into a parking lot where Special Events Officer Soto was able to gain control of the defendant. At this time the defendant ceased all aggressive movements and was placed into custody.

“O-1 [Gilbert] did not have any visible injuries and refused rescue. O-1 [Gilbert] stated she did not want to press charges and did not want to fill out a written statement. One digital photograph was taken and submitted into property and evidence via email.

“The defendant was transported [to] the Beach Side Prescient for processing and later transported to the Volusia County Branch Jail.

“No officers were injured during this investigation.”

See less See more
#3 ·
Danny Eslick suspended

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/racer-danny-eslick-suspended-from-all-ama-sanctioned-activity/

American Motorcyclist Association, American Sportbike Racing Association suspend professional racer Daniel C. Eslick

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association and the American Sportbike Racing Association, in consultation with Daytona International Speedway, have suspended professional motorcycle racer Daniel C. Eslick of Broken Arrow, Okla., from the Daytona 200 for actions deemed to be detrimental to the sport.

According to the Volusia County (Florida) Clerk of Circuit Court, Eslick is charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, a felony of the third degree, as a result of events that took place about 11:59 p.m., March 7, in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Participating in professional motorcycle competition is a privilege, not a right, and there is zero tolerance for behavior that is detrimental to the promotion of motorcycling in all its forms.

The AMA has extended Eslick's suspension to all AMA-sanctioned activity. The suspension will be in effect until this case is resolved, at which time the AMA may lift the suspension or take further action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.