Little bikes for tall guys
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little bikes for tall guys

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Little bikes for tall guys

I'm considering selling my beloved VFR and getting something in the 250-300 CBR/Ninja range, its just a better fit for the riding I'm doing right now.

I'm a reasonably tall guy, 6'2", not heavy but the smaller bikes I've sat on (haven't ridden one) seem a bit cramped.

Anybody have any feedback on this? I'm not looking to do long multi-day trips, more track days and general running around.

Any opinions appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    drz 400 is the biggest 'little' bike. none of the sport options compare.

Bike
    yeah.. supermotos..

there's a few xr650's on cl at the moment.

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    I would, but I already joined the circus years ago, it didn't work out.

The SM option is interesting, but they seem to be as easy to find for a reasonable price as unicorns. Whereas small sport bikes, while some are well deserving of our Cl ridicule thread, , are plentiful for a range of prices. So that's my first choice at this point.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Ural Patrol, Honda CTX700
    CB500x. Seriously stupid fun, amazing on gas, cheap, reliable.

https://rideapart.com/articles/ridea...w-honda-cb500x

Yeah... it's an RA article but it's also one before they went really bad. My partner has one and I ride it often - if ridden appropriately, it can keep up to the quick boys on their fancy bikes.

Registered User Array m_grewal52's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha YZF-R3
    Im 6 feet tall and fat as fuck... no problems with my r3

hondas 500s are a bit bigger maybe look at the cb300f, duke 390 maybe an fz07?

or you can just man up and grab a hayabusa!!

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post

The SM option is interesting, but they seem to be as easy to find for a reasonable price as unicorns. Whereas small sport bikes, while some are well deserving of our Cl ridicule thread, , are plentiful for a range of prices. So that's my first choice at this point.
    the upside is that their price stays the same. It's one of the few bikes you can ride for 2 years and sell it for what you paid for it.

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    FASTn50 is taller than you and rides a 250 at the track. He added a couple of inches of height to the seat to gain more legroom.
    WMRC & PCMRC #49

StevieMac- Any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

Bike

I guess it depends on how much you're willing to pay for fun and fitment..

Bike
    Motorcycle
    The big issue for taller riders riding small bikes is to wear the right colored gear to avoid looking like a flea riding a dog.

Some suggestions, none of which are in your cc wish list

Honda NC700X, Kawasaki KLR650, 650 Wee Strom

What you may spend on ergos, seat etc may make a used model that fits you better cheaper in the long run.
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Bike
    KTM RC390
    I am 6'2" and 200lbs. I have no problems putting several thousand kms on a CBR500 and I am 1000kms into my R3.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple

Tell me about it, been trying to nail down an SM for almost anything but new price for almost 2 seasons now....good luck.

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Ah the R3 is a good suggestion, I've heard good things about them. And the CB(R)500 is interesting.

Really right now it's about cheap and cheerful, throw it in the truck for track days, have some fun, maybe learn something by having to ration less power. Funds are a consideration and I'd rather get a newer bike for the money than a larger engine. I'll upgrade again in a few years when it makes sense.

Bike
    VFR750F, VTR250
    I'll sell you my '90 VTR250, you can get the size you want and still have an Interceptor! I'm 6'2 as well and actually find it pretty comfortable.
    "The problem is, the natural balanced position for a motorcycle is on it's side."