Intrest level for yet ANOTHER suspension clinic?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrest level for yet ANOTHER suspension clinic?

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,

Intrest level for yet ANOTHER suspension clinic?

Post 'em up if you want another one. I'm thinking early to mid August. Place yet to be found but I remember that you Valley types would like it out of town a little. I can't promise anything but I'll keep that in mind.

Also I'm looking for volunteers to help out. I need spotters AND measuring guys. I'd like to see 4 volunteers for each station. Two as spotters and two as front and rear measuring guys. Training will be supplied and you'll rotate positions so you all go away with enough to help out your buddies in the future.

And if CrotchetyRocket is willing he'll be foreman for one group and I'll do the other. And if we get someone else with some background we can even have a third crew.

So post up so I can see what the intrest level is. And be sure to add if you want to learn by volunteering.

And if anyone wants to crow about the job we did on their bikes in the past clinics it'll help add to our enthusiasm so toss that in too....

This will be the first clinic where we ask for a donation that will go towards your favourite Internet site. I'd like to see a minimum of $5 from everyone and more will be appreciated. This is YOUR site and the hosts don't ask for much or ask often so it's a chance to help ensure we can keep it alive.

BTW, this is a full deal clinic. You'll be leaving with your suspension set up to YOUR weight for static sag and taking into account how you say you ride. Damping will be set roughly in the range to suit your weight and claimed riding style. If we find any shortcomings then suggestions for solutions will be given.

Come in your usual riding gear. If you're fussy then you should be wearing your helmet for the tip top results. But in reality the helmet won't make a big difference one way or the other.

HELPERS VOLUNTEER LIST______________
    RWR
    Gordopolis
    Harps
    CrotchetyRocket (team foreman)
    tostitos
    Shimmer
    Silver_6R
    Ninja6
    Vrecksler (if he can make it down from the interior)
    Budgie
    BlackAkuma
    Jayson
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Gone
    I'm down.

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    I know i'd be interested.... I'd be willin to make a trip down to the 604 specifally for this clinic.

Is that enough individual support?
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Originally posted by rearwheelrider
    ....Is that enough individual support?
    Oh yeah...

For you or any other out of towners that want to drop in be sure to make yourselves known with our new waiting list person as being from out of town. We'll make sure you get done before things close down.

And if you've got any of the bikes listed below you may want to consider aftermarket springs if you're a hard rider or are considering track days. Be honest now. The stock stuff on even these bikes is pretty good but the aftermarket stiffer stuff will balance the bike better for harder riding and suffer much less from nose diving under braking. But if you're not a hard charger then you may be dissapointed in new fork springs as they are more harsh.

Sure fire candidate bikes for new springs so far are all F4i and prior Honda 600's , Yami R1's and R6's, and SV650. All of these show remarkable softness in the front end compared to the rear other than the SV which is soft in both ends. I found a couple of the heavier riders on Gixxer 600's also had to dial the front end in all the way and even then it wasn't quite enough but it was close enough for the street. As far as I can remember the rest were good as in they could be set up nicely using the stock springs and damping. Mind you if you're only 140 or less then the stock stuff on these are fine.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    2001 ZX7R
    I am in
    A bike is more than the sum of it's parts

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    I'll help out Bruce: measuring, spotting, or organizing the sing-up list...as long as you promise to help me with my ride height first.

Seriously, let me know, and I'd be happy to help out.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    It's not highly likely that i'll show up WITH a bike ,teetee.

I'm waiting till next spring to think about gettin a new bike......at any rate, i'd jump on the chance to experience/digest some bike tuning.

I just know that if i don't go to this clinic, someone will come to my shop and say "hey..do you know anyone who can set up the susp. on my ride?
    Not to mention the fact that if i don't go to this clinic , who knows how long i'll ride a bike around thinking i'm gettin all there is to offer, and in actuallity , just not havin a damn clue!
    i'm terrible for adapting to shite, instead of gettin picky with it.
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Bike
    2001 gsxr 750
    I'd like to learn a thing or two by helping out.
    I don't have an attitude problem; you have a perception problem.

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    I'll help out too!

Registered User Array maninblack's Avatar
    Bike
    14 Cbr1000rr / 13 S1000rr /13 Fury/07 ZX 10r
    cool to have another one

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    Yeah, I'll help, Bruce, but, I'm out Aug 1-4 so some other part of Aug would be better.

Crotch

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    OK, I'm editing in a list of volunteers in the first post. And it won't be from Aug 1 to 4. We need CR as team foreman (thanks buddy ). Still more to go. If there's more than 4 per team plus the registrar then we can rotate folks through and the off duty types can learn that much more by hopping back and forth.

I'm planning on rotating the volunteers through the various spots and duties anyway. You'll all learn more and you'll also see the slightly differing methods that CR and I use.

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    natch, looking forward to it. Gonna be harmony, man!

Crotch

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    If it is held between August 2 and 9 I will attend as my holidays are all too brief. I may not have a bike by then either, my ING adjuster seems to be stalling a bit and I am not left with much time to shop for a replacement. But I can still learn something and could also borrow my brothers bike.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email

Bike
    Honda NC19
    Hey TeeTee! I would like to help out and volunteer assuming that the clinic will be held after my finals... I think the last one is around the 8th. I know absolutely nothing though so I'll need just a TINY bit of training.

Also what happens at the suspension clinic? Do you just fix everybody's suspension settings or just give tips?
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING : Quitting 2-Stroking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Other People's Health.