Worth a read.
I guess I have to add another addiction to the list
I'm not speeding.... I'm flying low
Ha... Scrach me down.
Oh crap, Just when I thought I had my head together. (all of the above) yahoo I,m out of here.................................
Fetal Motard Syndrom :rofl
They didn't have anything to say about yes answers to all of the above.
..oh I to go now my bike is calling me...
"...than I'll be done and we can dance.."
1. I have gone riding when I was depressed, or to cheer myself up.
I am often depressed after a bad day at work, riding home does often cheer me up.
2. I have gone on riding binges of several tanks of gas or more in a day.
Did anyone say Ironbutt?
3. I ride rapidly, often 'gulping' roads.
Nelson-Vernon-Merrit-Vancouver ... eight hours?
4. I have sometimes ridden early in the morning or before work.
I ride TO work often in the small hours of the morning.
5. I have hidden bikes in different places to sneak a ride in without being seen.
I have no need to hide my bike. It follows me around.
6. Sometimes I avoid friends or family obligations in order to ride motorcycles.
I would rather ride than listen to most of my relatives theories on life.
7. Sometimes I find myself analyzing sections of roads as if I was riding even while in cars.
Don’t they tell you to do this at Action?
8. I am unable to enjoy myself with others unless there is a bike nearby.
There is always a bike nearby, mine.
9. At a boring party, I will often slip off unnoticed to go riding.
I often leave boring parties. Since I ride to parties I am forced to ride from them.
10. Riding has made me seek haunts and companions which I would otherwise avoid.
I don’t often go partying with people over forty, but I ride with many.
11. I have neglected personal hygiene or household chores until I have finished a ride.
I would have to say no.
12. I have spent money meant for necessities on accessories instead.
Heated grips ARE necessities in December.
13. I have attempted to complete an Iron Butt ride.
14. Most of my friends are heavy motorcycle riders.
Many of my friend are motorcycle riders, but they and their bikes would kill you if you called them ‘heavy’. You are only a slip of the tongue away from harley.
15. I have sometimes passed out from a night of heavy riding.
I sleep soundly after 1000+km day.
16. I have suffered 'blackouts' or memory loss from a bout of riding.
Sorry, I don’t do drugs.
17. I have wept, become angry or irrational because of a road I have ridden.
I get very anger at people ON many roads.
18. I have sometimes wished I did not ride so much.
When I am busy working I would much rather have a limo take me to work. When its 5Am, dark, 5* outside, and raining, I do sometimes think that a nice soft hummer would be more fun to take to work.
19. Sometimes I think my riding is out of control.
I would have to say no.
15 yes / 4 no, Am I an addict?
This test has been written by some author for whom riding is some sort of sport or leisure activity. It gives the impression that anyone who uses motorcycles for basic transportation is crazy.
Last edited by Sandworm; 07-19-2003 at 10:07 PM.
AVATAR AmUSER and
NOT A LAWYER
That was great !!!!!!!!!
Not an addict.... something must be wrong with me....
You have to try harder Elaine.....
So would the cure be AMA
......Addicted Motorcyclist Anonymous?
Last edited by Spider-Man; 07-20-2003 at 03:26 PM.
that's sooo true too.
I like that term "riding binges "
RICHES BEFORE BITCHES
People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
– Albert Hubbard
My name is Nathan, and I'm a Motorcycleaholic.