MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear?

Thread: MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear?

MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear?

A DOT approved helmet is the most important piece of safety gear that a motorcyclist can wear. Still, the range of legal helmets covers (or doesn’t cover) a wide range of protection. Since we’re street-wise enough to know that not everyone shares our belief in the importance of protective headgear.

Lend us your voice, oh MOrons! What is your preferred style of helmet?
    Take the MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear? at Motorcycle.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    First sentence is wrong..
    A DOT approved helmet is the most important piece of safety gear that a motorcyclist can wear

I wear a non DOT helmet.
    I wear a ece22.05 helmet, same helmet model Lorenzo wears.

DOT safety ratings are industry self regulated.
    ECE safety ratings are legislated and mandatory batch testing is in place before release.
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Bike
    SeaBeeRRRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    First sentence is wrong..
    A DOT approved helmet is the most important piece of safety gear that a motorcyclist can wear

I wear a non DOT helmet.
    I wear a ece22.05 helmet, same helmet model Lorenzo wears.

DOT safety ratings are industry self regulated.
    ECE safety ratings are legislated and mandatory batch testing is in place before release.

Ya and for a picture they show almost the worst example you could possibly find. except for maybe one of those old skull caps pirates used (not legal anymore in Canada afaik) to wear. having any kind of attachments on the outer shell increases your chance of injury during a crash. so having a Mohawk for example is just plain stupid. I actually made the mistake of clicking on that click bait site known as motorcycle.con.. what a joke. most of those listed aren't even legal helmets.
    title might as well be "10 things you won't believe are helmets" I thought DOT was the old standard and is being phased out? correct me if i'm wrong since i was way to lazy to research what i said.
    "Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world"

If you are going to jail for theft, you just didn't steal enough money.
    See: HSBC