2016 4/20 Costs
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 4/20 Costs

Bike
    ummm

2016 4/20 Costs

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...588591?cmp=rss

Super glad I don't have to pay property taxes to pay for this gong show. Anyone who voted for Mayor Moonbeam, well, just take it up the ass buddy!! LOL.

Bike
    I still don't understand why they just don't do a giant heroin fest... at least the city is on board with that.

weed is for 13 year old kids... fuckin' sad.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    The city shot itself in the foot by not just allowing it to continue at the art gallery so they didn't have two sites to contend with.

At the end of the day, these expenses are a real piss in the pan budget wise, so I'm not even sure why anyone cares.

What was the cost to the city for dealing with the Stanley Cup Riots?

What was the cost to the city for the Olympic games and terrorism concerns?

$150 grand.. honestly, who gives a shit.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 street triple
    exactly. Isn't mayor moonbeams 'discretionary' fund notably larger than this 'massive expense'?? Seriously, whats the taxpayer expense for a legal, sanctioned, city endorsed event like the pride parade or the Sun run? And what happens when reefer is inevitably legalized provincially/federally? Then these expenses are totally fine and not 'newsworthy' like they are the last few years?

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    Exactly.

The city should put some numbers together on what additional revenue they had that day.. but of course, they do not.

Vancouver already reaps significant tax income from legalized medical weed facilities. In time, they are going to be making
    tenfold that as the stuff is made available to any citizen who wants it.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    The city shot itself in the foot by not just allowing it to continue at the art gallery so they didn't have two sites to contend with.

At the end of the day, these expenses are a real piss in the pan budget wise, so I'm not even sure why anyone cares.
    THIS!! 150 geez i'm falling asleep... and i'm damn sure it aint the Sativa
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    The city cares because the organizers were very clear that the event was happening and they weren't getting the permits. Kinda like when you tell your kid "don't do that" and they say "or what?". The powerlessness of the city was exposed so they try to tarnish the event with the cost.

But on the other hand... Ms. Emery going on about how it was a "protest" to justify lack of compliance is bs. Pot is basically legal, what exactly is your protest? It's a festival.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Why does Steve keep ranting about a city that he doesnt live in, or pay taxes in. Whine whine whine.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    The event itself is pointless! There were minor crimes committed, medical incidents, garbage, bla bla bla ....no different than any other large gathering. But, if these idiots think that a big smoke in like this drives a political agenda, they are dreaming. Its pointless. Everyone "gets it", stop being so damn proud of it.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    Why does Steve keep ranting about a city that he doesnt live in, or pay taxes in. Whine whine whine.

Attack the messenger. Classic 'progressive' response. Lets just all be quiet about things like this. The 'other guy' will pay for it.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Attack the messenger. Classic 'progressive' response. Lets just all be quiet about things like this. The 'other guy' will pay for it.
    lol.Let's talk about all the solutions you offer. oh you dont, you just whine.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    The city cares because the organizers were very clear that the event was happening and they weren't getting the permits. Kinda like when you tell your kid "don't do that" and they say "or what?". The powerlessness of the city was exposed so they try to tarnish the event with the cost.

But on the other hand... Ms. Emery going on about how it was a "protest" to justify lack of compliance is bs. Pot is basically legal, what exactly is your protest? It's a festival.
    This is exactly right and why people should and do care about something that is a tiny relative expense. It's the total fuck you to people's sense of natural justice and fair play. Personally I think we round up every idiot traffic cop who thinks he's Donny brasco and let em loose with truncheons on these fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I still don't understand why they just don't do a giant heroin fest... at least the city is on board with that.

weed is for 13 year old kids... fuckin' sad.
    And this is exactly why we shouldn't care. It's not the fact that it's a puny expense, it's that we let way worse shit slide 365 days a year. There's illegal pot shops run by gangsters openly operating everywhere in van. What the actual fuck.

Bike
    SeaBeeRRRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...588591?cmp=rss

Super glad I don't have to pay property taxes to pay for this gong show. Anyone who voted for Mayor Moonbeam, well, just take it up the ass buddy!! LOL.
    stfu and quit your whining
    "Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world"

If you are going to jail for theft, you just didn't steal enough money.
    See: HSBC

Registered User Array m_grewal52's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha YZF-R3
    steve g. has a small pee pee

From N00bie to Wannabe Array FASTn50's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 VFR 800A (Red!) 2006 CFR 450X (Red!) 2012 Ninja 250R (Red!) 2012 BMW F800GS (Blue/White)
    Festivals of any type should be crushed!
    My only opinion on pot is it should have been treated similarly to alcohol from the start. Frankly; I have far less concerns regarding potheads than I do chronic alcoholics, drunk drivers and cell phone addicts.

As far as the $150,000; please provide a breakdown of those costs. My intuition tells me the vast majority if not virtually all of those funds would have been spent that day regardless. It's part of the costs of having a vibrant city with public events. It's not as if they're all called in on overtime from their days off.
    I'm guessing the food vendors in the area were thrilled with the results and not a single smashed window, brawl, violent takedown or overturned car.