Best NorCal Home Bases

Thread: Best NorCal Home Bases

Registered User Array
    North Vancouver
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R (MY15)

Best NorCal Home Bases

Looking for suggestions of good home bases in NorCal. Specific Campgrounds around Redding (outskirts) as well as something on the eastern edge of Sacremento. My accommodation with be my Sprinter... Or a tent outside my Sprinter so my bike has a secure place to spend the night because f**k my own security. I just need some suggestions of places where I can have access to a comfortable facility to take a shit and a shower. As for routes, I will figure that out myself as I prefer to plan that sort of thing in my own obsessive way without knowing too much. I have the DH guide for NorCal to help. I might go sooner than later despite the fall being better traffic wise, but this will be equally focused on photography as well... In any case, if there is anything down there that I'd be a supreme idiot to miss, post up and I'll throw it in the planning if it makes sense. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

New West
    My only suggestion is to be very mindful of the weather/temps in the month you plan
    To go, and choosing a location that's suitable for non air conditioned nights.

During the summer and into the fall, it gets really really hot in land, so depending on
    Your personal taste for heat, may be better to look for a camping spot towards the coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

CBR600RR / RVT1000 RC51
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    There's camping in Weaverville which is a good central location for lots of riding.

On the coast you have Devil's Gulch in the Mendocino area, very nice.

Do not stay at Clear Lake, it stinks like crap from algae, and if you go out for a piss at night you could step on a few hundred
    rattlesnakes. Don't ask how I know.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Registered User Array Droptarotter's Avatar
    1982 BMW R100S, 2007 BMW R1200S, 2009 BMW HP2 Sport, KTM 520 EXC, KTM 640 Adventure, 1985 RZ 350, 1972 Hodaka Wombat
    If you do happen to need a hotel, there is a great one in Anderson. The Gaia resort.

Etna has a nice city park with camping. There is a pool within walking distance and also a couple of good restaurants.

Etna also has one of the best brew pubs in NorCal.

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Try to grab a (Mexican) bite at La Cabana, on Market and Tehama intersection in Redding. In the parking lot of the Thunderbird hotel. Haven't had a bad meal there yet, and have been going there since the mid 90's.