Getting back your first bike

View Poll Results: Would you buy back your first bike?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring back my baby!

107 34.41%
  • No, let the beater rot!

84 27.01%
  • Hey, I'm still on my first bike!

120 38.59%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back your first bike

Otter

Getting back your first bike

*UPDATE*
    I bought it. 500 bucks - same as I sold it for in 1995. It runs great, but there are a few electrical gremlins - like you have to wiggle the battery to get it to come to life. It's also got more rust, but it's a joy to ride. Brings back so many memories - most of them good. LOL. Got 60K on it now, too. Boy those old twins sound nice. I suppose I'm rambling now, but I spent the night picking it up. I got a ride to the ferry as a pillion (thanks Chris), then at Swartz bay made the trade, rode the ferry back and took the long way home until midnight. Until my VFR gets repaired, you'll likely see me on it. So if you see a POS UJM, it may be me and if I have my clear visor on you'll be able to see my big grin - unless of course she's left me stranded on the side of the road.

*End UPDATE*

OK, this thread will probably show my age...again, but does anyone else feel nostalgic about your first bike. Would you buy it back if you could track it down for a decent price?

Here's mine.

She's a beaut! *wipes tear from eye*
    Last edited by Otter; 07-23-2003 at 01:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    would love to see how the Kanotuna compares to the 929

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)

my baby *sniff*

My first rocket was a katana 750.

three words come to mind . Peice of .... you can guess the rest.

Now if i could have my 98 gixxer 750 back, i promise i'd be good boy...i promise
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Sure, yep, lets ride... Array ZenOfZoom's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM 640 Adventure
    Ah, the venerable Maxim 400... sigh those were the days. I miss it somewhat like an ulcer.

The bike was cursed. First day out learning to ride in the Home Depot parking lot the throttle stuck. Being new my first was response was to hang on tighter. Not the best choice.

One curb, a rosebush, and a fence later my first leason had ended in my first crash, a cracked rib, a wide open knee and a trip to emergency.

No fond memories of the first bike. None. I hope it is rotting in a landfill and not a wrecking yard lest it's evil spread part by part across the face of our planet.

Bike
    600RR Yeeeellllooow
    Wouldn't mind gettin my F4 back so I could bring down to the track~ I've been lower in turns on her than any of my other bikes~~
    We rode our bikes together, we laughed together, we cryed together, we even lived together. All our friends said we were a the perfect match. I can tell the world that I know I'm the luckiest person alive because I got to live my dream for 3 years 7 months and 11 days.

Shylock
    She was pretty but I don't think I could ever go back to a 250...

Lordco Poster Boy Array Desperado's Avatar
    Bike
    ducati
    Love to have my 85 zx9 back. Awesome bike until that cam spun and bent a bunch of valves. Luckily I was only doing 60km. Sold her for like 200. Next guy put a g-note into her top end and promptly dumped her high side. Last I heard she had a street figher kit on her and was still ripping up shit.
    I don't care how good a martial artist you are. You'll never be faster than the twitch of my trigger finger

or in french,le steekmon! Array stickman's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Triumph TT 600,1998 Kawasaki ZX6
    WOW Cory......you must be OLD!!!! Jus kiddin!! I had an '91 EX 500 for my first bike!!Been there done that!!
    WMRC # 98

Bike
    tiz Red.
    My first street bike was a 83 yamaha maxim 400. It was heavy, the clutch was shot, mis-match paint. It was under powered and very slow to steer. I say let the bitch rot.
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    Bike
    1998 TLR
    Yah, Yah... the katana was a tank. Aftermarket Mikuni Flat Slide, Racing cams and shafts (hehe..shafts)

It hauled ass!

Until the motor lost compression and I had to replace it

still Id love to have it back.

Geo
    I would love to have my first bike back. Wouldn't want to ride it, just restore and put on display in den.

No laughing, but this was pretty cool back in the day...

Otter
    Those are some great stories, exactly like I was hoping for. And Geo, that is a NICE bike! I love that cool 4 into 1 exhaust header.

Bike
    crf250r
    this was mine,a 88 tzr250.the pic is from atlas mc but its the same,also had a 87 tzr as well as it was imported by yamaha canada back then.

Bike
    Red
    2000 vfr 800. i would take her back, but only if she would learn to clean up after herself.
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    '83 RZ-350?...not a freakin' chance in a million Sundays.

These are the good old days.

Crotch