So, I have kept this quiet, but for a couple of years I've been working on the government to get lane filtering looked at. This morning I had my meeting with the team from the MoT.
The Cole's Notes is as follows:
1) They have been following data and roll-outs of lane filtering programs since 2012.
2) BCCOM brought it to them years ago and hasn't been heard from since. In fact, two out of three staffers didn't know what BCCOM was.
4) There has been no pressure nor help from riders to make this a thing.
5) There is an opportunity for a recommendation from the Ministry staff to be delivered to the Minister if we can provide a well-rounded dossier on safety statistics, applied to the context of BC's unique infrastructure and road programs.
6) We also need pressure applied on municipalities, MLAs, and ICBC in order to make this happen with any sort of expediency.
7) It will not be easy for fast but it is possible.
So, I need some help. Anyone interested in meeting up, and helping with the workload?