Back at it with more questions that have been floating around my head, again thank you for all the contributions to the past 2 posts, I have learned a lot!
1) Has anyone ever bought the Chinese fairings off eBay before? How did they turn out? I have an 04 CBR RR I have been thinking of buying orange repsol fairings for. Any suggestions for suppliers otherwise? I'm not too worried about price, unless it's thousands.
2) Is there a general speed you ride at, above or at the speed limit? I'm genuinely curious what others are used to doing. I'm comfortable at about 10 to 15 above the limit, I try not to do above that as I feel the safety cushion disappearing fast. I often see bikes going well above 20-40 km/hr over the limit and think it must bring a lot of heat, if that's the general ride style.
3) Do you chance the bus-only HOV lanes during peak hours? I have heard that most police will let riders off / won't pull them over, nor have I ever seen a bike pulled over because of this. I'm thinking particularly of the hastings trip leading into downtown.
4) If you get a flat tire, are there any on-hand fix-it supplies you would recommend carrying? I have seen the small gouging tools with rubber plugs you twist into puncture holes, and wondered whether that would be a good idea to carry with a small bike tire pump. Thoughts?
5) Do you bother with BCAA? I have thought it would be good if you were doing some province wide riding and ended up stranded somewhere, if for anything else.
6) WD-40 as a cleaning agent for chains and super heavy gunk - yay or nay? I have seen videos on youtube of mechanics using it to degrease / de-gunk bike components, not talking about letting it sit for days, more like 20 minutes.
7) Any suggestions on where to buy a small trailer to pull behind my car? This would be for towing the bike too and from track days, etc.