What Happened / Changes to BCSB
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened / Changes to BCSB

Bike
    Motorcycle

What Happened / Changes to BCSB

As a point of interest, what happened to BCSB?

There are almost no new posts or threads and most of the regulars have gone quiet.

I returned from 3 weeks of riding and thought well BCSB will provide me with at least a week or so of "quiet time"reading and there were almost no new posts.

That discovery was made after it took a few days to be able to sign back on to the forum as apparently i had disappeared from the forums records.
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    As a point of interest, what happened to BCSB?
    It's gone the way of the blue suede shoe

They massively bobbled a password security issue without bothering to tell anyone for weeks that their accounts had been compromised by hackers.

Banner ads apparently don't generate enough revenue so they post their own articles to generate more content.

The new corporate masters have no sense of humor. Go a little offside and expect your posts to be edited.

Weird forum issues popped up with the formatting and don't seem to get resolved all that quickly.

I think that's about it. Did I miss anything? Hello? Is this thing still on? Where did all the cool kids go?

Bike
    Motorcycle
    well then, ADV it is
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    I tried to buy the forum off our lizard-like overlords, since it's pretty much died ever since they bought it, but they refuse to sell.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    The forum and almost every other forum on the internet has been on a steady decline for 5+ years. Everyone now uses text messages, whatsapp, facebook, etc, etc

There is a reason that all of the major forums have been sold in the past few years, it's because there is no traffic, or ad revenue in the business model any more.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2013 CB1100
    It's hard to compete with the more common social media platforms. You gotta admit, without a good community to keep you coming, the format of most web forums is pretty old and crappy -- I mean look at the process of posting images or logging in to check posts, etc... compared to FB.

As an aside, I think a lot of the original members never made it back after the password reset because the reset link went to emails they no longer had access to.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    its summer get the hell outside ! BUT STAY OFF MY LAWN
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Everyone's chasing pokemon

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    The new posts search function is FINALLY fixed and working like it was supposed to work. About 2 years ago the forum had a few issues with an upgrade and search broke. It's finally fixed. Yup, the forum has been dying for a while, but the weather is nice, so most are riding and not posting.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    It's hard to compete with the more common social media platforms. You gotta admit, without a good community to keep you coming, the format of most web forums is pretty old and crappy -- I mean look at the process of posting images or logging in to check posts, etc... compared to FB.

As an aside, I think a lot of the original members never made it back after the password reset because the reset link went to emails they no longer had access to.
    maybe im doing facebook wrong, but I just don't see it as a replacement for most forums.
    ride meetups. yes. obviously social platforms are way better, but for technical threads or other somewhat intelligent exchanges, they seem pretty useless.
    I'm basing this opinion almost entirely on that .604 group though, so again, possibly doing it wrong.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2013 CB1100
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    maybe im doing facebook wrong, but I just don't see it as a replacement for most forums.
    ride meetups. yes. obviously social platforms are way better, but for technical threads or other somewhat intelligent exchanges, they seem pretty useless.
    I'm basing this opinion almost entirely on that .604 group though, so again, possibly doing it wrong.
    Lol. Yeah true. I've done one-on-one tech stuff over FB chat, but other than that, I agree it's useless compared to a forum.

Bike
    ummm
    Since the new password situation, with my new password, I find it takes 10-15 seconds to download a page on BCSB. Don't know if it's all the popup ads happening. Kind of a PITA unless I'm in no hurry.

That shine guy Array StreetShotz's Avatar
    Bike
    06 R1 - RIP
    I have noticed that there is a huge drop in posts as well.
    I log on usually once a day when I get home to see whats new and today there are only 5 current threads. I would assume it is because there are people out there enjoying the warm weather and riding but I figured the old timers on here would still be on in evenings and such.
    06' R1 SP - RIP

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    I find it takes 10-15 seconds to download a page on BCSB.
    Dial-up is a bitch and so 1990's
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Since the new password situation, with my new password, I find it takes 10-15 seconds to download a page on BCSB. Don't know if it's all the popup ads happening. Kind of a PITA unless I'm in no hurry.
    maybe give AOL a call and ask about your account....