Burlington shooting
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Burlington shooting

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans

Burlington shooting

Has this affected anyone's decisions about day trips to enjoy Washington roads?

This one hits pretty close to home. Hell, I go into the dealership near I-5 all the time and it's just a short jump away. Now maybe it's just the result of a jilted lover. I say "just" as opposed to a terrorist related attack. But I've been in that mall. I ride down there all the time, like many of the members here.

I'm not exactly a nervous Nellie, but I would be be lying if I said I wasn't concerned as I was sitting in Winthrop having lunch or fuelling up on Chuckanut.

Will it it keep me away? Maybe not. But I say maybe. Hwy 3 and Logan Lake look pretty good.

Bike
    CRF 230 BSA 650
    You aren't that good of a rider Dirty Bill. You're far more likely to kill yourself riding than you are shot up in Washington State.
    Long Live Shervin Of The North!

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Location is incidental in these types of things, I think. There's whack jobs with guns all over the US. This isn't the start of a run of washington shootings.*

Bike
    FJarrrrrrr!
    Would play absolutely no role in whether I went to a place or not. It's close to home, and that's a bit unnerving for
    about 30 seconds, and would be much worse if I or people I knew were anywhere near the incident on the day of, but that's about it.
    Last edited by CHIA; 09-25-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans
    Maybe I'm a nervous Nellie after all!

'Murica! *

Bike
    washington is a cc state...

sure you've talked to a lot of people with guns on them and not even know it.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    Bike
    its fast....
    http://www.am730.ca/syn/112/224665/t...urrey-shooting

This hits a bit closer. Although this is targeted, Still close to home.
    Not to mention all the other shootings around here. One shooting happened DIRECTLY in front of my house.
    One car shooting at the other.

Bike
    2011 KLX250S
    Won't put me off from crossing the border, heck some states even allow us Canadians to conceal carry or did in the past, not sure on regulations currently but know Maine, NH, Utah, Oregon were all good in the past.

You may have even gone riding with people in country who have firearms on them (taken down long guns/SBR's/ect) without even knowing.
    Last edited by Grove; 09-26-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    It's gotta be like that scene in 'world according to Garp' were the plane comes along and hits the house.
    He has the correct response: "We'll take it! - the odds of another plane hitting this house are astronomical - it's been pre-disastered!"

"I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter302 View Post
    http://www.am730.ca/syn/112/224665/t...urrey-shooting This hits a bit closer. Although this is targeted, Still close to home. Not to mention all the other shootings around here. One shooting happened DIRECTLY in front of my house. One car shooting at the other.
    True enough. I used t live in Surrey and had the same thing happen in front of my place. Then multiple break-ins at mine and neighbor houses, crack and meth users in the alley and yard ..... three cheers for live by on a bus route!*

Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Won't put me off from crossing the border, heck some states even allow us Canadians to conceal carry or did in the past, not sure on regulations currently but know Maine, NH, Utah, Oregon were all good in the past.

You may have even gone riding with people in country who have firearms on them (taken down long guns/SBR's/ect) without even knowing.
    I talked with a US border guard about Canadians carrying in the US. His reply to me was that foreign nationals cannot have weapons or ammunition on them if they are in the US ....... apparently it's a real no-no.
    That's ok. Wholesale Sports has decent prices. * *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    It's gotta be like that scene in 'world according to Garp' were the plane comes along and hits the house.
    He has the correct response: "We'll take it! - the odds of another plane hitting this house are astronomical - it's been pre-disastered!"

This receives a Dirty Bills thumbs up! **

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Location is incidental in these types of things, I think. There's whack jobs with guns all over the US. This isn't the start of a run of washington shootings.*
    Starting right as you cross the border...
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bill View Post

I talked with a US border guard about Canadians carrying in the US. His reply to me was that foreign nationals cannot have weapons or ammunition on them if they are in the US ....... apparently it's a real no-no.
    That's ok. Wholesale Sports has decent prices. * *
    From what I was told at a gun store in Cali is that you need a resident Alien card and proof of residence to purchases a firearm,at least in Cali.
    Infidels Rule!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2013 CB1100
    You can bring your own firearms over the border (for hunting or competitions, etc...) provided you declare them and do the proper paperwork. I don't know about the legality of concealed carry. All you need to be in possession off ammo in most States is a valid hunting license for whatever state you are in.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    Sea bee yar eff for eye.
    You can get a CCW permit in some states as a non-resident, which allows you to carry in other states that acknowledge say, New Hampshire's permit.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.