Anyone else out riding?

Thread: Anyone else out riding?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans

Anyone else out riding?

I headed out for a tour of the valley this morning. I ran into three large groups (15 bikes +) of mixed bikes. All of them wavers, not a cruiser face to be seen.

Cold, damp pavement made for a leisurely pace. On an RC51, maybe not so pleasant. But living the adventure bike life lets a rider take it all in.

I was surprised by the estates that are in Abbotsford between Mt Lehman and Clearbrook. There are some deep pockets around there. Tennis courts and private stables, acres of fenced property, water features big enough to put in a boat and fish, long gated driveways .... pretty fancy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    I rode from Osoyoos to home today. I chose to go via Princeton/Merritt and through Kamloops. I needed to visit a friend in Royal Inland, or I would have caught the road through Spences bridge.

It was a good day.
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    interesting Pea S. we were also out that way this afternoon... rode to Winthrop for lunch via hwy20 n' hopped back across via Nighthawk crossing, north of.. hwy3 home

wicked day for a ride.. a little damp in spots and a little drizzle early in the wee hours but glorious from 10am onwards!!

had a little fun with a couple ducs over manning chasing the sun home.. i dont think they were really expecting a cruiser to keep up

Name:  20160925_184633.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  150.5 KB
    Last edited by bacchus40; 09-25-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array dexter302's Avatar
    Bike
    its fast....
    I took a cruise towards whistler, (turned around just a bit past squamish)
    It was getting a bit cold. (on a gsxr750) I Just got home from that ride about 30 mins ago.
    Wish i could have left earlier and gone a bit further., was busy most the day. But good to get out anyways.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Yup, took my new ride out for its maiden voyage with Lee, Jon, and Dean. *Left Sumas around 9:30am and went to the top of the cascades, where they decided all of them wanted to try the ZX14r. *Perfect day for a ride. *Dry roads, 21C, but traffic was a bit heavy in places on 20, which isn't such a bad thing when you are trying to get used to a 190 rear wheel horsepower bike.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Yup, took my new ride out for its maiden voyage with Lee, Jon, and Dean. *Left Sumas around 9:30am and went to the top of the cascades, where they decided all of them wanted to try the ZX14r. *Perfect day for a ride. *Dry roads, 21C, but traffic was a bit heavy in places on 20, which isn't such a bad thing when you are trying to get used to a 190 rear wheel horsepower bike.
    Frank, you need to do a NBD post on here so we can pick your brain on the new bike.

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    Frank, you need to do a NBD post on here so we can pick your brain on the new bike.
    I concur. You have a ZX14 now? Why the change? Needed more power?
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1984 V65 Magna, 2006 FJR 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    interesting Pea S. we were also out that way this afternoon... rode to Winthrop for lunch via hwy20 n' hopped back across via Nighthawk crossing, north of.. hwy3 home

wicked day for a ride.. a little damp in spots and a little drizzle early in the wee hours but glorious from 10am onwards!!

had a little fun with a couple ducs over manning chasing the sun home.. i dont think they were really expecting a cruiser to keep up

Name:  20160925_184633.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  150.5 KB
    A co-worker recently inherited a Harley from his brother, he has 300k+ km on an old bmw.

While on a ride, he was passed by a group of sportbike riders on a straight section of road, only to have them hold him up in the twisties that followed it.

It's the rider, not the bike, that makes the difference.
    There are old riders and there are bold riders. There aren't any old, bold riders.

Ride safe folks.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI '09 & RAIDER S! '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pea Souper View Post

It's the rider, not the bike, that makes the difference.
    agreed, truth be told suspension setup and proper tuning does go a long way with these bikes though.. as much as i'd like to let my Ego take all the credit

its making it look easy, i guess its what i'm saying..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 09-26-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.