BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

November New West pub night - River's Reach - Nov 2nd @6pm

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  CoolDaddyGroove 
#1 ·
Yeah! It is that time again. In case someone is not on FB, now you cant say you didnt know :D

When: November 2nd, 6pm
Where: River's Reach Pub (320 6th st., New Westminster) Back patio as last few years.

1/2 price or 2 for 1 appies till 8pm.

All are invited, so spread the word around if you chose to do so. We dont discriminate, and you dont have to know some super secret hand shake to join in the fun

See you there

#11 · (Edited)
thanks for the pub night boys / girls.. i guess i can now say i came for the game! wow that was impressive.
It seems i get my curses a little confused.. As of tonight the "Curse of the Billy Goat" has been broken.. The last time the Chicago CUBs won the world series was 1908, Babe Ruth was 13 years old!

this makes 108 Years since, the longest running drought in Baseball history! the curse itself actually stood for 71 years (1945 to 2016)

CUBS WIN 8-7 on the bottom of the 10th inning, after a 20 minute 'rain-delay', oh yeah, the other team was Cleveland, they havent won since 1948 :evilgrin

The Curse of the Billy Goat was the name of a sports-related curse that was supposedly placed on the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball franchise in 1945 by Billy Goat Tavern owner William Sianis that lasted in a 71-year period from 1945 to 2016. Because the odor of his pet goat, Murphy, was bothering other fans, Sianis was asked to leave Wrigley Field, the Cubs' home ballpark, during game 4 of the 1945 World Series. Outraged, Sianis allegedly declared, "Them Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more," which has been interpreted to mean that either the Cubs would never win another National League (NL) pennant, or that they would never again win a World Series.

The Cubs lost the 1945 World Series to the Detroit Tigers, and did not win a World Series championship again until 2016. After the incident with Sianis and Murphy, the Cubs did not play in the World Series for the next 71 years until, on the 46th anniversary of Billy Sianis' death, they defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers 5–0 in game 6 of the 2016 National League Championship Series to win the NL pennant. The Cubs defeated the American League (AL) champion Cleveland Indians 8–7 in game 7 (which lasted 10 innings) to win the 2016 World Series and end the curse.

“You are going to lose this World Series and you are never going to win another World Series again. You are never going to win a World Series again because you insulted my goat.”

Sianis' telegram reportedly said to then team owner Philip K. Wrigley.. :2cents

#13 ·
You ordered the flatbread and some cheese balls, which may or may not have been chorizo balls. It was tragic to see CDG's "mozza" balls
be fed to Shade Pixie... and then realizing it was a Chorizo ball, as a vegetarian she nearly spat that all over the place.

Nice evening. B40 didn't bring his laptop to plug into the pub network, so we couldn't rig a discount... but at least we had some fun,
some drinks... and I didn't have to pay for the 1 piece of your flatbread you convinced me to eat.

Good times. It's a real shame there isn't more community around this stuff. Weak turn out imho, but great characters. Nice to see
Nicola out despite not talking much to him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.