Ever drop your helmet?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ever drop your helmet?

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R

Question Ever drop your helmet?

Just wonder if any of you have ever dropped your helmet without your noggin in it.

If so, what brand and model?
    Distance of drop?
    Visible damage?
    What did you do about it?

They say most helmets are good for a 3' drop on flat concrete, but I dunno if you can really test it afterward anyway. Any thoughts?
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

MCSOULJAH
    never dropped my yet...

isn't: Snell Approved like 5 feet
    &
    D.O.T Approved 3 feet

and i heard there is a place that can do X-rays for your helmet if you wanna find out if it is cracked or not in the inside, but it costs 2-3 bills i think.

`bertR1`
    everyday...I had a $1200 Arai and I dropped it off my mirror and I had it x-rayed and it was toast...since I have only owned $400 HJC's lol

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Honda 600
    Friend dropped my helmet today, scratched up my visor.

MCSOULJAH
    make em pay for new visor, and think about new helmet.

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Originally posted by `bertR1`
    everyday...I had a $1200 Arai and I dropped it off my mirror and I had it x-rayed and it was toast...since I have only owned $400 HJC's lol
    so how far was the drop?

i am wary about x-ray companies. they can lie to you just to cover their asses. did they show you the proof? i guess you need to justify the cost of x-ray too.

maybe this will be a good reason for me to get a new helmet
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

MCSOULJAH
    i'm pretty sure they give u proof man, do they take a x-ray of ur leg and not show u the pic? i don't think so...

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Originally posted by MCSOULJAH
    i'm pretty sure they give u proof man, do they take a x-ray of ur leg and not show u the pic? i don't think so...
    you have to know what you are looking for though. you also have to assume the properly x-rayed it.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

AliMouse
    Drop it at Pac Yam parking lot...in front of a whole bunch of guys...half of whom I did not know...

helmet was hanging on my left mirror and i turned around...next thing i heard "Thump"....helmet down...

i lost the breathing vent but Arai replace it thru RMS!!! I am still wearing the helmet and it looks fine except for a bit of paint chip

Registered User Array evo-blade's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR9 '98
    My passenger dropped my Shoei around knee level and chipped the paint abit. I thought it wasn't a big deal until I read the article in the Feb. edition of Motorcyclist... Ultimately visible damage is not good indication whether the ESP lining has been comprimised!!

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    bump. that's it? no one else here admits to dropping helmet?
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

Bike
    Whatever people will lend me
    i did, just under 3 feet drop, cleaning the visor and it slipped

landed on the side, i have a suomy so the side cover is scratched, thats it, didnt xray, im pretty sure its fine and are still wearing it

my shoei was dropped too but with my head IN it, haha, actually were you at spokane when i ate it head first?

im actually suprised i havent dropped more, im pretty clumbsy, my cell phone goes down daily and ive even run it over with a dirt bike, still works like a charm
    BCSB- Retired Moderator

"You just dont get it do you, not even 1%"

Bike
    It's red
    I've dropped my helmet around 5 or 6 times now.

It's an Arai Quantum F. Most of the drops have been from about mirror height. It's also survived 2 lowsides and a pocketbike mishap (I blame Harps on that one).

It's got scratches in it, some of the vents are a little bunged up on top but otherwise it's fine. I should probably get another helmet but meh.
    Groovy baby

Bike
    several times, once was running up some concrete stairs in a apartment building and slipped and nailed the helmet on the edge of a step. Lots of scratches on mine.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    Only with my head in it, more times than I can count. Shit, I can't count.......what the hell?