BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Need some tips (rearsets)

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Eric1337 
#1 ·
Planning to paint my rearsets, does anyone have any experienced tips they can lend me. what kind of paint, the process, etc.

#6 ·
100%. agreed. never paint bike parts, that shit will come off just looking at it. specially rearsets, so much wear

considering cost of though, i'd just get aftermarket adjustable with a great powdercoat finish, color of choice and be happy.

Gilles rearsets get my vote, replacement parts easily available. :batman

#3 ·
/\ Agreed. Painting will wear and look looked pooh after about 6-8 hrs of use. Even after priming and baking, paint won't hold up to the wear.*

Find a local powder coated and get in with an order that is being done in the color you want.*

#4 ·
Find a local powder coated and get in with an order that is being done in the color you want.*
I've done this at Hudson Plating, minimum charge was $150 a few years back. But you could wait a long time for your colour to come up if you want something particular, they can tell you which are common.*

There's a DIY powdecoat system at KMS for about $200 which actually works ok, but nowhere near as tough as a pro job.*

#8 ·
It's easy to argue my BFF didn't need them. If you're a stumpy 5'6" guy. Or young. I'm chuffed with mine but they cost a mint. And you can always sell them later. But it looks like he has a tight budget to work in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.