engine knocking

Thread: engine knocking

Unhappy engine knocking

Allright, I ran into a problem.
    The other day I was riding up to cypress, and just before I got there I heard my engine making a thumping noise. Its not only thimping it sometimes sounds like grinding. Any suggestions on what it is and how would i fix it.
    Rookie mechenic

2. Remove Advertisements

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    well it could be alot of things. clicking or clacking is usually valves or valve train. knocking is usually rod bearing or piston skirt. however thumping or thimping could be clutch and possibly tranny related. hard to really say.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    If you have engine knocks, would you surely know it? I don't know what it would sound like. I've been using 87 octane gas in my 02 ZX6R and haven't heard anythin' unusual, but I'm wonderin' if my engine does start knockin', whether I'll even know it...

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Da Village
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    I don't care what the noise is...be it clicking, clacking, thumping or what have you...no noise is good.

Don't mess around waitin for us to help you out on this one if you're planning on continuing riding your bike.
    get it to a shop, or a friend who DOES know what he's doin and have it sorted out.

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard