where can i get a good wheel lock?

Thread: where can i get a good wheel lock?

JCY

where can i get a good wheel lock?

where can i get a good wheel lock and which brand is better

thanks you

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

KatanaSpeed

wheel lock

i have a kryptonite disc lock and it loos pretty much like a very large hassle to defeat. fer approx $29 u can find em at yer local motorcycle shop. hope this helps

JCY
    thanks chris
    that really helps

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Here's a silly low budget wheel lock. Buy one of those Club brand bicycle locks (look like a sort of square shape) and lock it around the back tire or front wheel. If there's a tight fit, like on mine, they wouldn't be able to cut it off easily and ride your bike away. The only downside is it might be too bulky to take with you and it looks kind of stupid. Gets the job done though, and they usually go on sale for about $10.

Bike
    1KRR
    wher do u store that lock though
    i don't even have room to fit that on my bike
    or do u just fit it on the rear stands
    ride to live not to die

Catyana
    My husband found a lock very similar to the Kryptonite disc locks you buy at bike shops, at Home Depot for half the price. Its still a Kryptonite, it just doesnt have the coating over the "U" part.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Tricycle, wanna roll?
    which bike shops would you guys recommend?

Bike
    retired , BNR32 cage
    Originally posted by gixxstar
    Here's a silly low budget wheel lock. Buy one of those Club brand bicycle locks (look like a sort of square shape) and lock it around the back tire or front wheel. If there's a tight fit, like on mine, they wouldn't be able to cut it off easily and ride your bike away. The only downside is it might be too bulky to take with you and it looks kind of stupid. Gets the job done though, and they usually go on sale for about $10.
    thats what i gots to. mine fits in my tail section (94 zx7r). i use it on the rear , fits around the rim & tire nice & snug.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    I don't have any need to bring it with me to work as it is pretty safe where it is. It does fit in the tail if I need to though. At home, I just leave it on the ground, just a cheap lock anyway. It fits snuggly around my back rim and it's a 6 inch rim, I don't know if they make them bigger than that. It's only a squeeze when I have tall profile tires on.