My cat pees in my plants.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My cat pees in my plants.

Bike
    SOLD

My cat pees in my plants.

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought my plant was dying because it wasn't getting enough sunlight. I heard a very distinct water sound behind me and turned to find my sweet sweet cat squatting in the dirt. She is too old and too fast to be scolded (and too dumb for it to sink in).

How do I make her stop!?!? And don't tell me to get rid of her cause I won't.

ewwww it's starting to smell

I'm bikeless. Can I still come out and play?

Registered User Array maninblack's Avatar
    Bike
    14 Cbr1000rr / 13 S1000rr /13 Fury/07 ZX 10r
    i dont know how to stop her , but as soon as you found out she pee peed , you should dilute that area with a lot of water to soft up the acid

Super-Fast Redneck Array jschapansky's Avatar
    Bike
    99' Yamaha R6 turned Streetfighter
    .22 calibre??
    2 wheels or 4 wheel drive

Balgony, not Bologna! Array TonyBalgony's Avatar
    Bike
    zip
    take two wires. hook them up to either side of a 9 volt battery. put the other bare ends into the dirt near the surface. see what happens.
    If no effect. Do the same but hooks wires upto dryer outlet.
    see what happens.
    Stop Rappin' Man,
    this is the REAL thing.
    (trevor-TPB)

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Bike
    Move plants outside.

Good Luck and Godspeed!

ridenrain
    You can get some stinky sawdust in a can that is supposed to keep cats away but I didn't have much luck with it. When I tried it on my cat he tried to eat it. A newspaper or aluminum foil with a mousetrap under neath is a harmless and a good deterent.
    Bark mulch is also very uncomfortable on the paws but a little messy.

Kathleen
    I don't think there is a whole lot you can do when the cat gets old.
    I used to buy this stuff from the pet store (10 years ago when I had a cat!), and you would spray it wherever the cat pee's. They don't like the smell, so they would stay away from it. I never noticed the smell of the product and my plants still survived it.
    It would work for a while, but eventually the cat just finds another place to pee.

Ask your vet, I'm sure they've heard this before!

Good luck

Bike
    yz250f
    you'd have to replant it to get rid of the smell, then put some rocks over the new soil or lava rocks....seemed to work for me, but then the stupid cat just started eatting the plant.......I have no plants left and a cat that I cant get rid of lol.

Blitz Wing
    Isn't there some sort of pellets you can buy and sprinkle on your lawn to keep dogs & cats away? Maybe you can get some of that stuff and put it in the flower pots.

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Bike
    I wonder about the "activated carbon" effect? Perhaps toss a few pieces of coal in the planter to get rid of the smell when your cat continues to pee in it. I dunno?

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Bike
    bikeless
    buy some cat weed at the pet store so he can munch on it,
    he might need his litter box clean,my cat use to do that to me,
    pee on the plant and eat my fern.just to drive me up the wall so
    to remine me he needs his box clean or his bowl is empty,or tell me to get rid of the other two cat
    cheers

Bike
    none, till the boys are older
    A couple possiblilties & solutions:

Your kitty might need attention from you, and this is her way of showing you. We just had to rip the carpet outta the bdrm because of this.
    Yes, the littler box may need cleaning and/or maybe too far for the fat bastard to get to.

Tin foil works. Just place it in the planter.
    A spray bottle works too. Spray her when she's bad. After a while she will not like the sound of the hiss from the bottle, and you won't need it any more....just hiss.
    Stick her nose in it. Once she pees, sneak up on her and rub it in. They don't like that much.
    Lock her in the bathroom with food & water and the litter box for a couple days. She'll figure out what they are used for. <--- mostly for training.
    Teach her to use the toilet. Place a bit of litter/dirt on seran wrap over the toilet and introduce her to it. After she uses it a few times take the seran wrap away. <--- in theory it works.

Thats my two bits
    "...than I'll be done and we can dance.."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '00 Suzuki SV650SY
    i remember hearing something about used coffee grinds on the soil will keep the cats away?.....

Bike
    sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    I had a cat a few years ago that peed on the stove (electric). We didn't know until we turned it on. GEEEZ!!! WHAT A SMELL!!!!
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.