Mini rant: if you say you're gonna do something... DO IT!

Thread: Mini rant: if you say you're gonna do something... DO IT!

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    I have kids

Mini rant: if you say you're gonna do something... DO IT!

OK people, if you say you're gonna call someone back with information, CALL THEM BACK!

It seems like I leave my name and number with people at bike shops with the promise that I will be called back the next day. Lately it seems that *I* have to be the one that calls *them* back. That pisses me off a little.

Don't make promises that you can't keep. I'd rather be told that I'll get a phone call in *two* days if that's what it's gonna take.

When you don't call me back as agreed, I don't know what's going on. Is there a problem? Have you lost my number? Am I being ignored!?

Of course this rant goes beyond motorcycle shops. It goes for most anyone in a business relationship. Or personal relationship for that matter. Aw hell, if you say you'll do something, DO IT! Cuz I heard what you said, and I'm expecting you'll follow through.

Grrr. End of rant.

Polskie ogorki! Array
    Oh is that right??? You were supposed to call me 2 days ago and you didn't! Now what the hell is up with that?!?!?

I know what you mean. I ordered a part a while ago (probably about 5 months ago) from Pacific Yamaha and I'm STILL waiting for their phone call... Reason why I didn't call back is cuz I sold my bike 4 months ago, but that just shows you how good their customer service is...

Doesn't register Array Mutate Now!'s Avatar
    "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”
    It runs...
    lol. I hear ya Gord.
    In my line of work, I'm lucky to ever get a call back.

Seems people are always too busy these days to prioritize their responsibilities.

I'm kind of curious now...
    How many people hang up on answering machines? I love it when they wait to here the whole message and all you get is a 'click' after about two seconds of silence.

This post is simply the opinion of the poster and is not to be construed as instructions or advice. Your mileage may vary.
    I rode Deal's Gap / The Dragon in September 2007 and I visited Yellowstone in August 2010. Where have you been?

Canon 1ds3 1d4
    mutate, nice to see my work is appreciated on the answering machines =)