wont this be interesting
04-2RR. Formula Xtreme
1. Engine Displacements: The displacement range for multi-cylinder four-stroke motorcycles is reduced to 450cc-600cc. The range for twin-cylinder four-stroke motorcycles is 595cc-750cc. 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins are permitted. Single-cylinder motorcycles are ineligible. Two-stroke motorcycles are also ineligible. All eligible motorcycles must be homologated.
2. Engine Modifications: Allowable engine modifications for all Formula Xtreme motorcycles are the same as the 2004 multi-cylinder Superbike rules with the following exceptions:
Engine modifications to 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins are unrestricted.
Stock throttle-body assemblies and air boxes are required on all motorcycles except 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins.
3. Chassis/Frame Modifications: Allowable chassis/frame modifications for all Formula Xtreme motorcycles are the same as the 2004 Superbike rules with the following exceptions:
Chassis/frame modifications on 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins are unrestricted.
OEM swingarms must be utilized with limited modifications (gusseting, stand brackets, etc.). 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins are unrestricted.
4. Bodywork: Fairings, seats, fenders and side panels may be modified or changed to any aftermarket or custom type as long as "fluid retention" regulations and general equipment standards are adhered to. Stock fuel tanks with limited modifications (fuel filler, fuel valves, etc.) are required on all motorcycles except 1000cc-1350cc air-cooled twins.
5. Weight: Minimum weight limit (TBD) applies to all motorcycles.
6. Entry Restrictions: Motorcycles entered in Supersport may not be entered in Formula Xtreme.
i cant wait to see what they can do with the 600s