chroming out your ride.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chroming out your ride.

dubie_zx7r

chroming out your ride.

Who has dipped components from there bike?
    Where can It be done and how big of a hole will it burn in the wallet???
    If anyone has any nice pics of nice chromed out bikes post them up.
    I saw a nice Ninja in New York, all black, tinted winshield, and every possiable piece was dipped. It looked so mint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    KTM 625 smc & DR 650
    I think your money would be better spent on stuff to make it handle better! But it's your $$$ and my 2 cents
    Easy Flash!

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    duuuuuuuuuuuuude did you get your ride back??
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Crabalocker
    this one was in the marketplace section a while back

vandy
    That looks fuggin sweet. A ton of hours to polish it up like that though. I wish I had the time (and patience) to do it up like that.

Entertainment Poster Guy Array rearwheelrider's Avatar
    Bike
    05 750 gixxer (no,seriously)
    Originally posted by RoscoeP
    I think your money would be better spent on stuff to make it handle better! But it's your $$$ and my 2 cents
    THere's a difference between poseurs and riders.

If you're goin to "dip" your bike to any major extent, i'd make sure it's not the bike you take out and beat like a redheaded step child....cuz like roscoe says...handling mods exceed poseur mods for bikes that get pushed
    RICHES BEFORE BITCHES

People who never do any more than they get paid for never get paid for any more than they do.
    – Albert Hubbard

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by rearwheelrider
    THere's a difference between poseurs and riders.

If you're goin to "dip" your bike to any major extent, i'd make sure it's not the bike you take out and beat like a redheaded step child....cuz like roscoe says...handling mods exceed poseur mods for bikes that get pushed
    no there isnt...poseurs are riders stoopid

a fully chromed out bike will cost you about $5-10,000

like fraser said....dont bother chroming out your bike if you're the kind of guy that pushes your bike ie stunt riding...harsh corner carving...

dubie_zx7r
    Purplekawi
    I will be getting my bike somt time this week.
    I was with jeff brown(lowered black z24) at brentwood, We saw your bike, it looks mint.
    Im not planing on dipping my zx7. I need a new bike 4 next summer, if I was to dipp it, I would have 2 save some extra cash.
    But I woul'nt be a pouser. I would still ride hard, but safe.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    My thoughts? Polishing isn't as shiny as a good chrome job but is cheaper and looks great. You can do it yourself if you have the time for next to nothing.

Bike
    sold
    Does anyone have any info on polishing? I've done the lips of my rims and they look pretty decent, but not the mirror shine that R1 has. A website or something like that would be great.....anyone?

shiny side up please Array the.chad's Avatar
    Bike
    03 SV650S
    mmm...

shiny side up please Array the.chad's Avatar
    Bike
    03 SV650S
    here, check this out: http://www.sportchrome.com/

Registered User Array BLUEBALLS's Avatar
    Bike
    The Couch, a.k.a. "Pipe & Slippers"

not for me...

A chromed out or polished aluminum bike is kinda like marrying the Prom Queen Cheerleading Captain from highschool...

She'll look good for a while but end up costing you lots of money, waste lots of your time, become a NEVER ending high maintenance effort that wants to be put on a pedestal and be too worried to play the sport.

Long story short; you'll get fucked eventually and it won't be very satisfying.

Just my $0.02

BLUEBALLS
    Shit happens. Ya gotta deal with it as best you can under your own terms.

The one, the only, the original 'BLUEBALLS'!!! Spell it right noobs. Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby!

I wish I was regular Array EF ZED ONE's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha FZ1

Re: not for me...

Originally posted by BLUEBALLS
    A chromed out or polished aluminum bike is kinda like marrying the Prom Queen Cheerleading Captain from highschool...

She'll look good for a while but end up costing you lots of money, waste lots of your time, become a NEVER ending high maintenance effort that wants to be put on a pedestal and be too worried to play the sport.

Long story short; you'll get fucked eventually and it won't be very satisfying.

Sounds like experience talkin' here. Is that were you got the handle "BLUEBALLS" from?
    My balls go a little blue when I don't get fucked for a while.

I always went for the late bloomers, years later the Queen turns to a witch and her tits are like oranges in socks from all that cheerleading

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Nice analogy but not completely true. I did my frame and wheels during the winter. It doesn't look as good as the day that everything went back together, paint job as well, but it's still really good. I haven't done anything but wash the bike with soap and water and the finish has mostly held up. I'll have to lightly touch up everything come winter but that's the just price of vanity.