BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Thanks to the guy that pulled over

929 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Twist_dp 
G
#1 ·
Hey, just a general thank you for the rider that pulled over this past saturday Eastbound on Hiway 1 before the port mann bridge to see what was wrong with my ride. My friend showed up in his CRV to help out at the same time, but i appreciated the gesture.

Reason I was pulled over: Ran outta gas and the low fuel didn't come on :rolleyes

#8 ·
I've stopped for people before, cruisers and sportbikes. As soon as they realize that I'm a girl, they send me on my way cause they think there is nothing I can do to help.

Little do they know that I usually pack half of my tools with me and that I would actually have the knowledge to help them out.

Too bad for them......but my message is, take all the help you can get when you're on the side of the road....:thumbup

G
#10 ·
Funny story that was relayed to me by a lady I went on a ride with last summer... she was a cruiser rider...

She stopped 'cuz some bik burly biker was stopped on the side of the road... someplace off Westminster Hiway or something I think.

Anyways, this big guy waved her down, and asked her if she had tools, since he didn't have any with him. She did have tools, they got the bike goin again.

Funny thing was the guy was the head mechanic at Trev Deely.

:D

G
#11 ·
hong said:
The reserved fuel in the bottom of your fuel tank is pretty dirty, so why would you want to wait for your reserve light to go on first before refueling your bike? Anyways, that's what i think. I always rely on my trip meter.
As far as I know, tanks with a reserve light, or low-fuel light just drain from the bottom, and there is a level switch that lights up on the dash when the level is low. So you should always be circulating all fuel through your tank.

In the older-style with a reserve position on the fuel valve, there is actually a lower area where your reserve fuel is kept. If you never run on reserve, you never use this gas, and it will collect dirt and crud. Therefore, you *should* use your reserve every now and then to make sure that the drit etc doesn't build up too much in there.

You could also do this by running in the reserve position with a full tank... just make sure you switch it back before you run out of gas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.