BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Opinion on Arai Helmet price?

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Danger 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Have you guys seen these helmets?
I have a chance to buy them but i want to see if the prices im getting are alright

This is going for about 450 CDN

This is going for about 550

how are these prices?
I am having someone bring it over from Hong Kong

prices seem to be a lot more than expected (i thought helmets are really cheap there)

ps These prices are from the place XENZ suggested

See less See more
#8 ·
Whitedragon said:
I was wondering if you could tell what store your friend is getting
it from and the add.
I only know of one bike store in HK and if I knew of more
it may be more convenient
:
D

THat's ture ......you could get them at 600.00 CND in HK MOOK KOOK.............different ones from Japan that we don't have there..........!

#9 ·
bl1tz said:
if your getting it from hk, might as well get something with cool graphics instead of the ones with graphics you can get here:)
Exactly. You can get them for cheap in HK, which is great. But to really take adavantage of having relatives there, you may aswell pick one up that isn't sold here. Then you'd never see anyone else with your helmet.

Damn, too bad Arais aren't sold cheap in India, then I could take advantage of relatives too. :D

G
#11 ·
They are snell approved, but not DOT. I guess the question is, will ICBC allow the use of them. I have a few myself, and I've only heard rumors that ICBC won't cover any damages, even thought snell is a higher rating than DOT is.

#12 ·
gixxer19 said:
They are snell approved, but not DOT. I guess the question is, will ICBC allow the use of them. I have a few myself, and I've only heard rumors that ICBC won't cover any damages, even thought snell is a higher rating than DOT is.
thats really whacked.... i mean Snell M2000 is after all a much higher rating than that of DOT, so why wouldnt ICBC cover damages.

i'm looking for a new lid too... if u can hook me up littlejim, u've got yourself a free dinner! :D
i'm interested in the Haga replica for RX7-RR4...

#14 ·
i can vouch for those prices.... i was in HK a couple of years ago and i bought my RX7-RR3 for about that price.... i:m in japan right now trying to find those same prices here but have had no such luck.... but they:re still cheaper than the ones in Van.

the shop that i know of in HK is called '' HUNG HING '' in cantonese.... very nice people there.... that:s where i bought all my stuff.... i:m sure everyone would go GA GA for all the parts i:ve seen here.... i could spend DAYS in ONE shop....

G
#15 ·
I'm heading to Japan and Hong Kong soon for vacation. I'll be in Tokyo and then Sapporo and finally Hong Kong. If I could get some information on where these 'cheaper' helmets and parts are sold (ie/ where Hung Hing is), I would like to go take a look for myself. Thanks.

#17 ·
I've been looking around on the internet and saw that the Arai site for Japan has the RX7-RR3... is this different than the RX7-RR4 the have over here? also, are the shell shape/ sizes same as what we would find over here?

and since i'm asking helmet questions, is it normal for my helmet's (quantum/e) breath guard to push against my noise at speed (above 170km) ?

#18 ·
i've tried on helmets from both sides of the world and they both fit the same to me..... i'm not sure about the technical specs on the RX7-RR3 versus the RX7-RR4 but the both look the same from the outside and in.... when trying on a helmet, you want it to fit as snug as possible.... the last thing you want is your head to turn inside the helmet in a crash.... as long as you don't feel any pinching around you head, you're fine.... try on helmets the next size up and down to feel the difference..... i wear a large in Arai and when i squish my lips together like a duck... it touches the end of the helmet..... and that;s standing still.... also remember that the padding in the helmet will stretch out over time and change the fit of the helmet..... also consider how much hair you have.... your cheeks should be slightly squished in the helmet....

G
#21 ·
fish_antlers said:
Laguna Seca.... I bought my Quantum there for $250 USd... picked up a Nolan that's $900 here fer $90USD ...

Americans aren't to big on helmets so they flog em cheap down south.. 'specially California

wow are you serious? how far is that from here

G
#23 ·
fish_antlers said:
Laguna Seca.... I bought my Quantum there for $250 USd... picked up a Nolan that's $900 here fer $90USD ...

Americans aren't to big on helmets so they flog em cheap down south.. 'specially California

OoooooOOOoO lucky me then, im going to california (san diego to be more exact) for two months in the summer (hopefully) maybe i'll buy some gear there after comparing with some of the prices here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.