Have you gotten air while riding before?

View Poll Results: Have you gotten air while riding before?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have.

149 75.25%
  • Never.

49 24.75%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you gotten air while riding before?

Bike
    2009 ZX10R

Have you gotten air while riding before?

I was talking to someone who doesn't ride and somewhere in the conversation I said that I get air lots of times off crests in the roads. They thought I was crazy.
    So I wondered if lots of people have gotten air, simple poll yes or no.
    Not big air like on a dirtbike doing a heel clicker, just hopping up in the air like that Mercedes commercial with the silver R1s.
    ---------------------------
    Now... bring me that horizon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    ok, i can't answer much to your actual question, but you've made me curious of this mercedes commercial. which mercedes model is this and when was it aired? was it on an american channel or all over? R1s in this commerical?? i must have missed it!! i want to see... that looks like a super cool commercial!!

Registered User Array 2wheelbandit's Avatar
    Bike
    Gix track hoe and Gix street bike
    one wheel yes, 2 wheels no. I have gotten air off speed bumps though.
    Ride, eat, sleep, repeat....

R.ide I.n P.eace John & Dawson

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Park Royal Mall parkade!

There use to be a nice 'crest' in B-lot at SFU...but they've smoothed that out recently.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2009 ZX10R
    Originally posted by SmokinGixx
    ok, i can't answer much to your actual question, but you've made me curious of this mercedes commercial. which mercedes model is this and when was it aired? was it on an american channel or all over? R1s in this commerical?? i must have missed it!! i want to see... that looks like a super cool commercial!!
    You can download it off of the US Mercedes web page, it's for a C230 the commercial is called "Chase" http://www.mbusa.com but it's been on TV lots of times.
    ---------------------------
    Now... bring me that horizon.

Jason R
    off a curb

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    very nice riser train track around my area, hit them at 120+ =)
    no

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    88th and Scott road.......east bound. Recommend going 80 or below.....

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    I need to check out that commercial...

But... actual riding and getting air because of speed, no... going over speedbumps, yes...

In the last couple months, in Vancouver, they've put those wide 30kmph speedbumps EVERYWHERE around parks and schoolzones... they're not like those cylinder-like speedbumps in most parking lots... these are basically like mini-ramps... in 1st gear, cruising at like 40kmph+, punch the gas as your front wheel gets to the speedbump and you get about 3-4 inches of air with both wheels.
    Last edited by InvisibleSoul; 09-02-2003 at 10:21 PM.

Bike
    And on a sidenote, regarding the commercial...

Direct link: http://www.mbusa.com/media/richmedia.../com_5_lrg.mov

---

Okay, just watched it... and, well... the R1's in the commercial aren't catching air because they're going fast over a crest of a hill or anythin'... you can tell they're jumping off a ramp because of how sudden the bike goes up...

---

And as another sidenote, I'm guessing Mercedes and Yamaha must have good relations because you can clearly see the markings of the bike in the commercial... whereas I would assume most times they would get rid of any easily identifiable marks on non-focus vehicles... but you can clearly see Yamaha and R1 in some scenes.
    Last edited by InvisibleSoul; 09-02-2003 at 10:32 PM.

Bike
    2000 KAW.ZRX1100
    yes, air yessssssssssss.go to Pitt lake and try some of those back roads with the hills over the dyking system.

dubie_zx7r
    I did , totally by accident the first time, then intentionaly the next 10 times. Going east on 49th just after Victoria I believe. I was tring to pass in the right lane and just after the intersection there was a huge smooth concrete ramp. First I got some good air and then the 4 guys behind followed me.

Grok
    In and on everything I've driven.

Ringgdingdingdingdingding Array Bean's Avatar
    Bike
    Blue '89 RZ350 (street)
    YUP! From the parking lot at Workwear World into the Willowbrook Mall parking lot, it has a nice smooth incline then a curb that drops into the Willowbrook lot. And off medians when I pass people to get to the left turn lane (if the left turn lane is empty and I can't get to it.) There is also a nice crest you can get air off on one of the side roads that parallel the Trans Canada out near Chilliwack (heading east, on the south side of the highway).

But don't do this, it's dangerous!

Oh ya, and also going over the train tracks on 200th just south of the Langley By-Pass, both directions.

....also dangerous
    R.I.P Bog and Julia. R.I.P. Cody

First Gen BCSB'er #549 -- Was WMRC #761 2005 -- If you have a bike, RIDE IT! If not, stay home. -- Do not click here ------> Click here

Bike
    Originally posted by dubie_zx7r
    I did , totally by accident the first time, then intentionaly the next 10 times. Going east on 49th just after Victoria I believe. I was tring to pass in the right lane and just after the intersection there was a huge smooth concrete ramp. First I got some good air and then the 4 guys behind followed me.
    Hmm... I'm pretty familiar with that area, but I have no idea where that huge smooth concrete ramp would be... can't picture it whatsoever... is it by the bus stop or somethin' beside Petro Canada or further along?